Chapter 81

I never realized my personality was this complex.

Despite living through several lifetimes, those around me worried that I was too simple.

Staying idle seemed like it would only make me more despondent. To clear the endless stream of thoughts, I busied myself even more.

Walking around in circles in this room, large enough for dozens of people, was part of that effort.

My assigned priest was thoroughly displeased with this.

"I mentioned this yesterday. You shouldn't be exerting yourself right now."

"I intended to rest, but lying still just made my body feel more stiff......"

As the priest's gaze sharpened, I changed the subject by asking,

"How's the hunt going?"

"It has already ended."

"Oh... It's over already?"

No wonder Princess Dilaila wasn't seen today.

Traditionally, the royal family must attend the closing ceremony, so she must have been there.

But what about our young master?

I had thought he hadn't visited me because he was busy with his family affairs,

but it was unlikely for him to miss the hunt.

"Did Prince Denkart also attend?"

"Of course."

"......?"

"He is this year's winner. He will receive the Moon Dagger."

Then... did he really catch the silver deer?!

It didn't take long from when the young master left until Andrea's condition became strange. Catching a silver deer in such a short time seemed almost unbelievable.

But the always solemn priest showed no signs of jesting.

"If there's nothing else, I'll take my leave."

"Ah... Yes. Thank you."

"Goodbye."

The priest left with a dry tone. Through the gap, I caught a glimpse of Blivan.

Today, he seemed to be... not so much monitoring me, but guarding.

"Excuse me, Captain Blivan."

Though we had exchanged simple greetings every morning since I arrived, speaking to him was a first.

He looked at me, as if asking what I wanted to say.

"When might I see the young master?"

"The closing ceremony should have just ended."

In the serene temple, no sound was heard, yet Blivan seemed like someone who had sensed something.

"Then... may I wait for the young master at the entrance?"

"........"

"In a place where people can't see."

Originally, my plan was only until the hunt.

It seemed necessary to check all my movements just in case.

Although I was staying in the temple thanks to the young master's consideration, how long I would stay was uncertain.

If the young master returned first, I intended to secretly go back home afterward.

'I should have enough for the carriage fare with just my button....'