The Nightmare

Chapter 6

*Peter Pan*

We gazed into each other's eyes; neither one of us wanting to look away.

'Was I going to go through with it? I can't have any weaknesses. If I want to survive, then I have to go through with it.' I thought to myself.

I diverted my gaze, not letting her beauty consume me. "You'd better get some rest before tomorrow." I suggested, "like Cale said, it's not going to be pleasant."

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

When I got to my hut I sat on the bed to think.

'What was so bad about Pan's games? Why were they so dangerous? What is Cale planning to do to me? Was he going to kill me?'

Anger built up inside me. My blood boiled in my veins. I was getting fed up with Cale.

'I never did anything to him!
And yet he goes around trying to kill me, and Pan doesn't even seem to care!
The only people who seem to care are Archer and Bae.'

I huffed and laid down on my bed. But
my eyelids soon became heavy and my mind came at peace. I fell asleep.

"I had such high hopes for you," Shine's word echoed through my thoughts.

"I'm disappointed." Pan's voice came fluttering into my mind.

"I'm not going to kill you. Not yet anyway." Cale snickered.

My eyelids snapped open to see I wasn't in my hut anymore. I was in the forest. It was dark outside but no stars shined. Moon wasn't out either. I walked in the direction I thought was camp, but I soon heard something.

Snap

I twig cracked to my left. I whirled around attempting to look for the source of the noise. Nothing. I stood there with watchful eyes.

Still nothing.

But just as I thought everything was clear, someone suddenly grabbed me from behind and twisted me around.

"Pan!" I cried out.

He forcefully pushed me against the nearest tree, preventing my escape.

"Pan? What are you doing!?"

"Getting ride of my weakness." He said with a hint of sadness in his eyes, but yet his voice was filled with venom.

"What!?"

He then jabbed his hand into my chest, into my body, and took ahold of my heart. I screamed out in pain as Pan pulled it out of my body. The pain subsided but barely. I looked at my glowing heart in Pan's hand; It didn't look like any normal heart. My heart was sparkly blue, small and precious.

I gasped, "what are you doing!?"

Then Pan started to squeeze my delicate heart. Agonizing pain shot through my chest. I felt like I was being ripped apart.

"Peter!" I cried, "don't do this! Please don't do this!"

"I'm sorry Solstice." He leaned in closer to me, our noses almost touching, "you're my weakness. And for what I'm about to do, I can't have any weaknesses."

"What!?" I shouted, "B-but you can't! It's my life!"

Pan raised his eyebrow, "your not getting it," he smiled, something evil; "it's the game."