Man Hunt

Chapter 36

*Peter Pan*

Night was creeping over Neverland. It wasn't the normal clear stary night; it was misty and no Stars shined. The moon was red, and my head ached. My shadow had not come back yet, and Solstice would turn at any moment.

I was sitting by the Pond, contemplating how I was going to take her heart. I didn't want to, but I had to. My emotions were clouding my judgment. She would only get in the way. But my thoughts were soon disturbed by Felix as he dashed my way.

"Pan," He huffed, seemingly out of breath. "It's Solstice. She's mad. She knocked Baelfire out cold. She ran away into the forest."

"Well why didn't you go find her?" I asked with an impatient tone.

"I tried." Felix's voice trembled a little.

I sighed, "is Baelfire awake yet?"

Felix shook his head, "not yet."

"Get Archer and look for her." I ordered.

Felix nodded and headed off to find Archer.

Just my luck. Solstice woke up from my spell and is now going crazy. She needs to be stopped, and quickly. I needed to find her, but first I needed to retrieve something.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

I walked along the forest, watching and listening for Solstice. It was sometimes difficult with the hearing part; the children's cries wouldn't stop and they were getting quite annoying.

"How do you run from what's inside your head?" A little voice stopped me in my tracks. I whirled around to find Solstice standing in front of me. Her eyes were crazed, her face was smudged with dirt as if she fell down, and her feet were bleeding. Her once perfect brown hair with light waves was now a ratted mess. It was wet and stuck out in odd places, only increasing the illusion of being mad.

"Well?" She asked, "are you going to answer?"

"You can't. You cannot run from what's inside your head." I tried to sound soothing, something I wasn't good at.

"Can you kill them?" She questioned.

I raised my eyebrow, "kill them?"

She nodded, acting like an overenthusiastic little girl, promising her parents she'd be good.
"Can I drown them?" She asked, her voice was soft but creepy, "I mean, I've tried to, but they know how to swim."

My features hardened. "Solstice? Do you mean you tried to drown your demons? Literally?" My gaze fell on her wet hair.

"Too bad they didn't die." She said.

'What has she done to herself? She tried to drown herself?'

"But that would kill you." I stated.

She laughed, something sharp and threatening. "Monsters don't sleep under our beds. They sleep inside our heads."

"Solstice," I cooed, "this isn't you talking. Remember? It's the virus."

Her face darkened. "Solstice isn't here anymore."

I sighed, "I'm not playing this game with you."

"But it's only a game, isn't it?" She tilted her head. "You love games."

I raised my eyebrow in amusement.

"You want my heart!" She shouted. Her skin began to turn a faint shade of blue.

"And why would I want your heart?" I asked, trying to stall her.

"Don't play dumb! We both know what you seek... And it's a Blue Star's heart. Cale told me all about it. He told me you were dying." She hissed.

"Solstice, you're not feeling well. Cale was the one who gave you that virus. Do you really trust his word?"

Sol thought for a moment, and mumbled something to herself.
"Go away."

I raised my eyebrow, 'who is she talking to?'

"Get out of here!" She snapped silently to herself.

"Solstice?" I questioned, "who are you talking to?"

She closed her eyes for a moment then opened them again. "There are voices." She said, a frightening tone in her voice. "In my head." A tear slipped from her eyes.

Her eyes. Once crimson, but are now their normal shade of blue.

She snapped her eyes shut again. She hid her face with her hands, and she whispered something I could not hear.

Then she suddenly stopped.

She looked up, her blue eyes were pleading. "Peter," her voice trembled, "help me." Her light, creepy voice was gone. Her words were now sad and pleading.

I stepped closer to her.

"Wait!" She shouted, raising up her hands defensively. "Don't come any closer!"

I raised my eyebrow again, "then how can I help you if you won't let me near you?"

"I can feel myself slipping from reality. Peter, I'm going mad."

"It didn't take a genius to figure that one out." I then sighed, "let me help you."

She ignored my sarcasm. "I-I hear these voices, i-in my head... I heard Cale's voice, and also Shine!" She babbled, "They're in my head!!" Solstice shouted then fell to the muddy ground, hugging herself.

I came over and crouched down besides her. "Solstice. Cale and Shine aren't here. Cale is dead and Shine is in the sky."

"But they live inside my thoughts!! Peter, every time I close my eyes I see Cale. I see his horrid face. I hear his frightening laughs." She paused and looked up at me, her eyes turning red again. "He laughed at me!!"

I back away from her. She was turning again.

Solstice cocked her head, "what's the matter Pan?" Her voice was light and spooky again. "Afraid of the dark?"

________________

*Please read*

Hey guys! ^_^

Okay so you're probably wondering WHY I'm wanting you to read this, well I wanted to first say THANK YOU FOR ALL THE READS!! And I would love it if I could get to at least 1,000 reads and votes. Please help me with this! Tell your friends! :)

Okay and the second thing is, I have a new book out, called Forever Ember. So if you would like to take a look at it that would be AWESOME!!!