Reunion

Chapter 39

*Solstice*

    I fell asleep not long after Bae left. I didn't have much strength and I was tired. I was relived that it was all over. No more voices in my head, no more physical pain, no more. 

Sleep took ahold of me, and I fell into darkness, but this time, it was peaceful.

For now.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Shine*

   I had never cried this much. Never in my life. But Dylan was dead, Solstice is dying if not dead already. My voice has been stolen from me, but a stolen voice seems like a minor problem at the moment. I had to escape here, but those blasted vines wouldn't loosen.

   I sighed; I had to use magic, but that was fairly impossible. No thanks to Pan.

   I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on breaking my binds. I thought of them snapping apart.

I heard snapping.

   To my relief I opened my eyes, expecting to see that the vines had been broken. But they weren't. For the sound didn't come from the vines, but from deep in the forest.

   I glanced around, bracing myself for the worst. But then I heard a voice.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

   Sleep overtook me. It was a peaceful sleep. And the darkness was actually welcoming.

But all of that was short lived.

   I thought it would have been all over. I thought the voices in my head would disappear along with the Star Fever. But apparently it didn't, for Cale's voice crept into the darkness of my slumber.

"Hello again star." He sneered,

"What are you doing here!?" I demanded. "I thought you would've disappeared from my mind!"

"That's what you thought." Cale smirked and started to pace. "But then again no one knows what could happen next."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Hmm nothing. At least, not yet anyway."

I groaned, "Get out of my head! You're not even supposed to be here!"

   Cale laughed, something that sounded off; not quite right. "Well here's the thing, I'm not going anywhere."

I raised my eyebrow, "meaning?"

"Meaning, I'm going to haunt you're dreams forever. I'll be that little voice in the back of your mind, taunting you. Slowly killing you. And no magic in the world can change that."

    I felt the blood drain from my face. Or did I? Then again this was a dream. "That's not possible! No one can do that, not even with magic."

    "You're problem is psychological. You're imagining me because you need me." Cale explained, amusement writing across his face.

  "And why would I need you?" I spat, tired of this conversation. Please just let me wake up.

   "For the events which are to come. Yeah you know something bad is going to happen. You can feel it." Cale stepped closer to me, his grey eyes locking with mine. "Think of me as, your dark side."

    "I don't need you so why don't you stay dead!" I snapped, turning my my heel and walking away. But, I forgot this was a dream. I wouldn't be able to get away from Cale in my mind.

    "I'll see you in your dreams." Cale's words broke through the silence.

Just then I felt myself waking up. Finally, I couldn't take much more of this.

   I opened my eyes to see that I was still in Pan's hut. I sighed and got out of bed. I looked at my reflection in a little mirror by the bedside; my appearance was normal now, except for the scar on my face. The pink skin started below my eye and cascaded down my cheek.
That scar will always be a reminder of Cale. Of what he has done to me.

    I then realized I was in different clothes. Pajamas to be specific. The tank top was soft and a light blue to match my eyes. I had on black pajama shorts which were a little too short.

   I decided that these are not going to cut proper everyday clothes on Neverland.

    I remembered that Neverland was a place were people could wish for whatever they wanted to. So I sat down, held out my hands, and wished for some decent clothes.

    When I opened my eyes, I found that there was a cute black teeshirt with denim shorts. I also received ponytails. Those would come in handy.

I got up, ran into the bathroom and changed.

______________

   Once I got myself dressed, threw my hair up in a high ponytail, I was ready to get out of here.

    I walked outside, the air smelled fresh and clean. Sun kissed my face and warmed my cold skin.

   It felt amazing to be outside again. I felt refreshed. I decided to take a walk, to stretch out my legs. I trotted to the forest and did just that.

   As I walked along the forest, exploring, I began to hear noises; I heard grunts to be specific.

    I hid behind a tree and inspected the noise. I glanced out to see someone was tied to a tree.

Wait, a tree?

    I looked closer, this person was definitely female. She had long blond hair, seemed tall, and was-No. This cannot be right. I rubbed my eyes, making sure I wasn't seeing things. But I wasn't.

"Shine!?" I burst out,

____________
Yes!! Double updates are back again!! *grins*

So announcement time!!! I don't think I'll be able to update until Sunday or Monday since I'll be on vacation. But if I have wifi I'll try! (:

Thank you to all my wonderful readers for putting up with my crazy self! Oh and thanks for reading (;