Rejection

Chapter 11

*Solstice*

I suddenly woke up to a tapping noise. When I opened my eyes I was in an unfamiliar room. I gaze around, taking it all in. It had a large bamboo dresser, a silky-looking couch, an oak wood coffee table, a few chairs which had Crimson red cushions, and a king sized bed where I laid. Then my eyes rested on the person who was making the tapping noise.

"Peter," My eyes widened with surprise, "what are you doing here?" I inched the covers closer to me to try and disappear.

He raised his eyebrow, "well it is my hut." He explained. Then the event which took place last night rushed back to me.

'Cale assaulted me again. I went crazy. I couldn't control myself. What happened exactly? Where's Cale?'

Pan saw I was struggling to recall the events of last night and decided to help me out; "basically you took control of your true power. It was too much for you to handle so you were unable to control it. Don't feel so bad, it was actually quite amusing."

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks, "how-how did you stop me?"

"Magic." He answered with a sarcastic wave of his hand.

"I didn't kill—" I paused, not wanting to hear his answer.

"No Solstice. You did not kill Cale."
Pan assured me with an eye roll.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Sure, I didn't like Cale but that didn't mean I wanted him dead. Hurt maybe, but not dead.

"You're so adorable when your concerned." Pan said, sarcasm filled his British accent.

"Why am I in your hut?" I questioned, not wanting to waste any time.

Pan shot me a menacing smile, "because you trashed yours. You needed some rest."

"Oh. Um, Pan?"

"Yes?"

"T-Thank you. For everything. If it wasn't for you, I would be dead.
I really owe you."

Pan stared at me, as if trying to understand the meaning behind my words. "Well, there could be something you could do for me."

"Oh? And what's that?"

Pan smiled, "you could walk with me."

At first I wondered why he wanted me to walk with him but I decided not to push it. I hopped out of the bed and we walked out his hut together.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

We walked to the pond in silence yet it somehow wasn't awkward. I felt almost comfortable around him even though he was a mystery to me.

But as the minutes ticked on, I finally couldn't take the quiet anymore. I looked up at Pan cautiously; "So um, what happened to Cale?"

"He's in a cage." Pan simply said.

"A cage?" I raised my eyebrow in question.

"Yeah. It's over there," Pan pointed to the other side of the camp, "it's in the prison ground."

"Wait, why'd you put him in a cage?"

"Because he assaulted my property." He said bluntly but his voice was innocent and unconcerned.

I raised both eyebrows now, "I am no ones property."

Pan smiled, "you're my property."

I scoffed but we kept walking, "well you never really showed any interest in his earlier actions when he assaulted me—three times by the way."

"Okay one," Pan started, "the incident with the arrow was not my fault. You opened your mouth which got you in trouble."

"Oh hmhmm and what about the other two times?" I challenged.

"It was the game." He snickered playfully.

"The game?" I raised my voice a little, "he almost killed me and you call it a game? What's wrong with you?"

Pan chuckled, "you're adorable when your upset."

Embarrassment sparked in my chest;
I felt a slight blush rising to my cheeks but turned away before he could notice.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

When we reached the pond, we sat down against a nearby rock. We sat there in silence for a few minutes until I caught myself gazing at Pan.

'He looks so handsome—' Woah! Where did that come from!?

Pan turned to meet my gaze, his sparkly green eyes devoured my attention. I was trapped by his stare. I suddenly found that he was leaning closer to me. I leaned in to him, slowly closing my eyes, waiting for what I knew was coming. A kiss. I was waiting for his kiss but it never came.

My eyes fluttered open to find that Pan was staring at me, every feature screamed I'm-upset.

"Pan? What's wrong?" I asked; I was seriously confused at this point. He didn't say anything, he just got up and left.

"Peter!" I called for him. I was going to follow but a little voice inside my head told me otherwise. I was seriously confused at this point, and his sudden rejection felt like a dagger to my heart.

____________

hello ladies and...gentlemen (?)
What did yall think of this chapter?

So guys if you could help me out with my goal to get 1K reads and votes that would be AMAZING!!!(:

And thank you for all the reads and votes so far!

Annyyway, before you zip on to the next chapter, remember to click the adorable little star button on the bottom left ;)