They're Not Here

Chapter 32

*Solstice*

   At some point Bae left and I ended up alone in Pan's hut.
    Baelfire said he was going to go talk to Pan and see if he could do anything for me. I already knew he couldn't.

Just kill him. The thought raced through my mind.
Wait what!? I didn't say that! I didn't mean to think that!

My face showed horror.

I was slowly going insane.
Slowly going cruel.
Slowly growing dark.

No!! I shouted at myself. Fight!

I gripped my hair, desperate for some comfort. No one sees, the darkness inside me.

No stop!!

A battle was going through my mind. Light versus dark; each on fighting for my attention. I tried to hang on to my sanity, but the more I fought, the more I lost.

I soon began to see things which weren't there. I thought I saw Cale, towering above me with his blood-stained hair and crazed smile. His insane laugher haunted my mind, but he soon disappeared.

I then saw Shine. She was perfect in every way, just as before. Her blonde curls were beautiful, her fair skin was stunning, and her blue eyes were captivating.

"You just had to leave." Her voice boomed, "you just had to leave. You know, I hated you from day one. The only reason I looked after you was because I pitied you. Now you're just a disappointment... Like always. I did have higher hopes for you, but then you had to ruin everything I gave you."

"No. This isn't real. You're not here!" I shouted at the imaginary Shine standing before me.

"Aren't I? No matter. You'll soon be dead and all my problems will follow. I never loved you. No one ever will." She snickered, making sure every word tore through me and knifed my heart.

"Tell me," she paused, "do you really believe this 'Baelfire', cares for you? I mean come on."

"Shut up."

"Oh don't tell me your going to cry again. You always did do that. I'm so glad you're not my problem anymore."

"I said shut up!!" I shrieked at her, "you're not here! Go away!!"

Imaginary Shine rolled her eyes, "What about Peter Pan?"

"What about him..?"

"Do you think he cares for you?" She raised her thin eyebrow, "I mean, if he did, then you wouldn't be here. You wouldn't be sick, going insane." She whispered, "He doesn't care for you."

"What about that kiss?"

Shine burst out laughing, "you really thought that was a real kiss!? Wow. Solstice, honey, that was him manipulating you."

"Go away." I said sternly. "You're not here. You're not Shine."

"No you're right. I'm not either of those, but deep down, you know I'm right."
    With that Shine slowly began to fade away.

    I knew what she said was true. Everything. That was what I felt deep down inside. What she said were a reflection of my fears.

Just then the door burst open, "Solstice!!" Archer ran over to my side.

"A-Archer?"

"Are you alright!? Felix told me everything. He told me you were sick! That you had the Star Fever." He talked fast that his words slurred together.

I nodded, ashamed. "Where were you when this all happened?"

   Archer looked down, "Pan sent me to scout out Neverland. Just another boring scout. I always get sent on them. When I came back Felix told me to go grab Dustin in the Echo Caves. He told me everything that happened. I was so worried but Pan wouldn't allow anyone to visit you."

"Archer, I'm going crazy. I just thought I saw my friend. I also thought I saw Cale."

Archer sat by me and listened, not wanting to interrupt.

"I had a dream when I fell unconscious at the Echo Caves. Cale was in it. He said Pan wanted my heart." I looked up at Archer, "I know he's right. Pan does want my heart, but for some reason he hasn't taken it yet."

Archer nodded, "I can't say I know what Pan is planning, because I don't. But I know whatever it is, it can't be good. I've been here longer than you have and I still don't know about Pan's plans. Only Felix would know."

I sighed, "Felix wouldn't give up that kind of information. He's loyal to Pan."

"No, he wouldn't."

I sighed, "Archer, I'm in the second stage. I feel my magic draining away minutes by minute, and I'm seeing things that aren't there." My words were sad and helpless.

Archer pulled me into a hug, "it's going to be okay. If you want, I can stay here with you."

I nodded my head, "I don't want to die alone."