It's Gone

Chapter 16

*Shine*

"Your ship is ready my Queen." Said Dylan, my personal guard.

"Is everything in order for my arrival at Neverland?"

"Yes your Majesty."

I nodded at began to walk to the hanger.

'I hope Solstice was all right.If Pan laid a hand on her I'm going to kill him!'

I boarded my ship with a heavy heart. My mind raced. I couldn't stop thinking of my precious Solstice. If he takes out her heart, Pan will be unstoppable. Sol's heart is more powerful than she realizes.

"MY QUEEN!!!" A voice broke through the roaring sound of the ship's engine.

'Oh no, what's happened!?'

I dashed out of my ship, wondering what could be wrong. The Royal scientist, who has been studying the Star Fever sickness for years came running up to me, looking insane.

Everett has been surveilling, taking notes, and attempting to find a cure for the murderous sickness. He had even somehow trapped the live virus in a bottle and began to study it, hoping to find something useful.

"Goodness Everett, what's the problem?" Confusion stung my voice as I studied his panicked eyes.

He hunched over, resting his hands on his knees, exhausted from running at such an old age; his grey hair gave that away. He was 57 years old but refused to retire when the Throne offered. Everett was a stubborn old man and he wouldn't bother me with his problems unless it was important, which made me all the more worried as to why he was here in such distress.

"Speak old man!" Dylan hissed.

"Dylan!" I snapped at him, "shut up! He is old and has ran a long ways. Give him a second."

"Yes Highness. Forgive me." Dylan bowed with respect.

Dylan was always like that. He was rude to anyone except myself and Solstice. Although he didn't like Solstice much, he still had to be respectful. People never understood why I let Dylan speak to me so freely, and I never told them why. It was a secret both him and I shared which would never be spoken.

Then Everett spoke, winning my attention; "I don't know how this could've happened. I-I was the only one in the lab today...I-It was there just there yesterday." He rambled as he shook his head. His grey hair was over his face with sweat on his brow.

"Doctor Everett," I coaxed, "I don't understand what your trying to say."

"It-It's gone." He stammered.

"What's gone?"

"The vial." He said, worry written across his features.

"You mean the vial!?" Panic began to rise in my chest. This cannot be happening.

"Y-Yes Highness. The Star Fever vial has disappeared. It's gone."

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

"What do you mean it's gone!?" I felt as if my heart would explode from beating too fast.

'Calm down, or else you'll lose control.'

I attempted to calm myself but to no avail. The Star Fever is gone and if word gets out, people will begin to panic. And panic can lead to violence.

"Majesty," the doctor kept his head bowed, "I take full responsibility."

"Save it!" I hissed, "All I want to know is how it went missing! Was it in the lab last night!?"

"Y-Yes."

"Dylan," I snapped my head toward my guard, "Go to the security office in the palace and find whoever did this!"

"My Queen?" Dylan asked, "I cannot leave you by yourself."

"Then send another guard to the security office, someone who you trust. I need this to be a quiet operation. If word leaks out that the Star Fever virus is missing then it will cause a panic."

"Yes Highness." Dylan gave a bow and trotted toward another guard to the far side of the hanger.

I sighed, 'how could this happen? Who could've done this? Who would have the means to break into the palace laboratory?'

A few minutes later Dylan appeared again, "with all do respect my Queen, it would not be wise to leave for Neverland now, your kingdom needs you." He stated with concern.

"But what about Solstice!? She's still out there!"

"Yes I'm aware of that but it is possible that someone could be out to assassinate you with this virus."

"But if I don't leave now then it could be too late for Solstice! She could die!"
Panic rose into my voice.

"You know as well as I, the word will get out and we need you here to keep the panic from turning into riots." He paused, as if choosing his next words carefully. "Majesty, you know as well as I that Peter Pan is ruthless. Chances are that Princess Solstice is already dead."

I sighed. I knew he was right but I didn't want to believe it. Solstice couldn't be dead. She's probably in terrible danger and her only hope will not arrive. Everything felt hopeless.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

"There is no evidence that this vial was stolen other than it's missing." My advisor informed; "the security cameras did not pick anything out of the ordinary. Whoever took the vial got away clean."

"Impossible." A slender man spoke up, "that's impossible. How could this happen?"

"Majesty," my advisor turned my way, "There is no possible way to tell who has taken the vial. I'm sorry but there is nothing more we can do." My advisor sounded tired; the bags under his eyes proved that observation. His once clean, smooth, black hair was now spiking up in different directions. His hair reminded me of an angry porcupine.

The stress was starting to give me a headache. There was absolutely no way that someone could sneak into the palace and get out without being caught. "So then what do you prepose I do?" I asked my advisor.

"For once, I don't have an answer for you." He answered.

My hopes were dashing away quicker than I would've liked. I needed this vial found or else it could kill more of the star population. The virus in the vial was alive, it was deadly.

No star was safe.