A Sudden Light

Chapter 53

*Solstice*

The rain poured as I kept advancing Pan. Nothing was going to stop me from ripping out his heart. He has taken away my friend, I will never forgive him for that!

"Fire's is in your eyes, there's no doubting that." Pan sneered, which only made me more angry.

I lashed out. Shooting my hand in his direction, light blue flashed and danced across the air. Pan swiped my magic away as if it was nothing.

I burst out again, Blue Magic flew from my fingers tips, aiming at Pan. But the result was the same; he cast it away without an effort. I knew what he was trying to do, he was trying to wear me out. Well I wasn't going to let that happen. He will fail.

Then I remembered; the cuff was in my pocket. All I needed to do was latch it to his wrist, which wasn't going to be easy. But hey, since when have I backed down from a challenge?

  I walked toward him again, lashing out my magic. But this time I aimed for his feet, his arms, and his head. I was attempting to knock him off balance.

He deflected as many blasts as he could, but missed the last surge of magic. It hit his chest, blue light exploded as his body flew through the air.

Without hesitating, I dashed toward him, removing the cuff from my pocket, and thrusted it onto his wrist. I slowly backed away from Pan as he hastily stood. His face hardened once he saw the leather cuff latch to his skin. Then he suddenly smirked; "You've taken away my magic. How clever. You must be pretty proud of yourself."

"Actually yes." My voice was drown out by the sudden crack of thunder.

"So what now? You going to kill me?" He spread out his arms, indicating to take my best shot. "I don't think you have it in you. Rumpelstiltskin didn't."

I frowned at him, "Who's that?"

"Oh didn't I tell you? That's my son."

I let out a sharp laugh. "You? Have a son?"

"Surprising?" Pan's eyebrow move up as his smirk widened.

"I don't care." My eyes darkened, "all I want is to see you dead."

"That's it star," Cale's said in my thoughts, "take ahold of the darkness."

"Well," Pan began to pace, "then one last lesson Solstice." He turned to face me, "never make a cage you can't get out of."

My eyes widened in horror as he grabbed the cuff and whipped it off.

'Pan took off the cuff! That's impossible! How!?' My mind went crazy. I tried to make sense of it all, but I failed. I couldn't decode how he was able to remove something that only I had the power to.

My confusion amused Pan greatly, for he let out a sharp laugh. "I made this cuff you know." He held up the cuff, "it doesn't work on me." His smirked grew on his demon possessed face. "But on you, well, it would be an improvement. Let's see how you do without magic!"

With his freaky ninja speed, he zipped over to me and latched the cuff to my wrist.

I immediately felt all my magic drain away. My blue skin vanished and so did the light in my heart. Only darkness remained, itching to wiggled its way out and attack Pan.

The boy's green eyes bore into my blue ones; the lighting flashed, making him seem haunting. Raindrops trickled down his face as he advanced. Every step he took forward, I took back. I knew what was coming next.

"Let me tell you something star," His words were like venom, "I almost didn't go through it, but then you had to go to Baelfire; everything I knew was shattered. And now," he shrugged, smirking again, "and now I can finally take your heart without hesitation."

'Did he just confess that he had feelings for me? Did he really just say that!?'

I shook my head, burying my thoughts. "How could I ever love a monster like you!" I shouted at him; the loud boom of thunder echoing through the trees. "You took everything away from me!"

"Oh not yet." Pan smiled an evil smile, "once I take your heart, I'm going after Baelfire. Or maybe I should make you watch as I crush his heart in my hand."

Burning anger caught up in my chest as he spoke, and a single tear escaped my eye. "Then go ahead!" I shouted at him, "take my heart!"

This time I advanced on him, our faces inches apart, "I dare you."

Pan's eyes went wild with fire, "remember when I said the devil always comes to collect?" His eyes got wide with anticipation, "well that time is now."

In one motion he swept his hand into my chest; pain shot through me as he tore out my heart. It was small and delicate in his hands; its blue light was like a flashlight in the night.

I gasped as he slowly squeezed it, allowing my pain to worsen. The pain was so great no words could describe it. I cried out, but not for him to stop, for him to keep going. I wanted to die.

"Take in the darkness." Cale's words wrapped around my mind.

"Go ahead!" I shouted at him, "do it!"

Pan didn't listen to me— he was gazing at my heart. He then glanced up my way, "well this is interesting." He smiled an evil smile, "normally a star's heart would be pure; without any darkness inside. But you, well your heart is different." He turned my heart around so I could see it; inky darkness danced inside my blue heart.

I swallowed hard; 'that must be it, that darkness inside me. That was Cale voice inside my head, the Star Fever must've started that!'

"Maybe I shouldn't crush your heart. Maybe I should watch as the darkness consumes it. It will eat away at you until you're nothing.... But then again, I need your heart, so I guess I'll have to spare you of that misery and kill you myself."

As soon as I thought Pan was going to end me, a sudden flash of light appeared, and I flew through the air and brutality skidded across the muddy ground.