Dreamshade

Chapter 31

*Shine*

"Are we almost there?" Dylan pouted like a child.

"Ugh yes. Stop asking. Pan told us the Dreamshade was located on that peak." I pointed to the rocky cliff.

I recalled what Pan told us before we left;

"What do you need this plant for?" Dylan questioned.

Pan looked directly at him, "well see that's not your concern."

"Where is the Dreamshade?" I asked,

"It's on Deadman's Peak." Pan pointed over in the direction of the peak.

"What's the catch?" I asked, "You don't help people. You just destroy lives."

"And here I thought we were starting to get to know one another." His voice was rich in sarcasm. "No matter, you'll do what I say, or else you'll never see your precious star again."

Dylan and I both sighed and started walking toward Deadman's Peak.

"Oh and one more thing," Pan called out to us, "don't touch the thorns."

Don't touch the thorns. Don't touch the thorns. Why?

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

Once we reached Deadman's Peak we found the Dreamshade plant.

Dylan whistled, "lovely."

  The Dreamshade plant was a sickly color. It's leaves were dark green and it's vines were almost a dark gray. The thorns were sharp like needles but something was different about them. Dark purple-ish liquid dripped from the tiny openings of the thorns.

"What is this stuff?" I examined the plant and its weird substance.

"Who cares." Dylan said, "let's just cut some off and bring it back to Pan."
With that, he took out his sword and was about to hack away at it until I protested.

"Dylan!" I shouted, "be careful of the thorns."

"Psh, it's fine." He waved me away. He cut away at the bush. Broken vines scattered across the ground as Dylan kept hacking. Finally he stopped and snatched one up.

"Be careful!" I screeched.

  Apparently I scared him because he jumped at my sudden shriek. "Ten hells Shine!!" He swore, "you scared the hades outta me!"

"Sorry," I apologized, making an will-you-forgive-me face.

"Don't give me that look." Dylan scolded.

"Are you alright?"

"I will be as soon as you stop bugging me." Dylan was obviously irritated.

"You shouldn't talk to your Queen that way." I said sternly, getting annoyed myself.

"Yeah well you're also my half sister." He began to walk away, "And might I remind you, I am older!" He held up his hand like a student raises his hand to answer a teacher's question.

"And might I remind you, you shouldn't talk to the Queen that way!" I shouted, over-pronouncing 'Queen' in a very annoyed voice.

"Oh excuse me," Dylan turned to face me and gave a sarcastic bow. "I am so sorry your Majesty. Can you ever forgive me."

I rolled my eyes, "let's just go." I stalked past him, shaking my head.

    As we were walking down the peak, loose rocks tumbled down the cliff and landed hard on the ground.

"Be careful." Dylan warned.