21 Khushi's Shot

Part 21 Khushi's Shot

Akash followed Arnav nervously. They came to GH and knocked on the door. It was Khushi who opened the door. She was bewildered to see Arnav and Akash in GH. Why did they come there? Would they ask her why she came from RM getting upset? Guptas wiped their faces and smiled at them.

"Won't you greet us? Shall we go back?" Arnav asked with a smile.

"No no... please come in..." Khushi said, giving them space.

They entered GH.

"Please take your seats," Shashi said.

Arnav and Akash sat next to each other. Guptas glanced at one another with embarrassment.

"We are here to inquire about Shyam," Arnav said.

Guptas looked at each other perplexed.

"Khushi said something about him. We are here to get some more information about him"

"He stayed here as a paying guest. We knew he was a lawyer. That's all. We know nothing about him" Buaji said.

Khushi glared at her for her blatant lie.

"He said he helped you to get your pension?" Arnav asked.

"Haan, that's how I know he is a lawyer"

"How did you know him?"

"We met him in Lucknow. He saved Khushi from some rogues when they misbehaved with her" Shashi said.

"Misbehaved? Who misbehaved with you, Khushi?" Arnav asked furiously.

All of them spared a content glance.

"Why are you silent?"

"A footage in which Khushi fell in someone's arms was telecasted on a local channel. Seeing that, a few rogues misbehaved with her..." Garima said.

Arnav got stuck as he understood who the SOMEONE was. He looked at Khushi who was looking at him penetratingly.

"Actually... oh..." he stammered.

"Amma, I will bring them tea" Khushi diverted them.

Garima nodded and Khushi went to the kitchen.

"We didn't know why Shyam said he is unmarried," Garima said.

"He said, people don't want to hesitate to approach him" Akash tried to make the situation light.

"People would have approached him anyhow no matter if he was a married man. There are a lot of lawyers working after their wedding successfully..." Shashi said.

Akash nodded yes, could not deny it. What kind of excuse was that? Shyam would have thought he could manipulate anyone with some silly excuses. Shashi thought.

Arnav's mind didn't get into their talks as he was sitting with guilt. He didn't know Khushi would have faced such situations due to his dirty ego. He understood why Khushi and Payal were sent to Delhi. He didn't even think his action would have such reactions and bulldozed someone's life to this extent. He stood up.

Everyone looked at him.

"Water..."

"I will get it to you," Garima said.

"No, that's ok..." he walked to the kitchen.

Payal knew why he went to the kitchen. He would ask Khushi about the footage incident. Akash thought he was going to ask her about Shyam. Both of them were right. Arnav wanted to meet Khushi for both purposes.