30 Lock for Shyam

Part 30 Lock for Shyam

Khushi was sitting on the bed, biting her nails all tense. She didn't know what Arnav was going to do now. They were married. Raizada family accepted her as their daughter-in-law. She knew he married her for a purpose. Was their wedding held JUST for a purpose? She didn't know what was in Arnav's mind. He spoke to her smoothly... so smoothly...! Was that because he was guilty? Or, was that because she was his WIFE? She was confused. He defended her in front of people... stood for her...! Now, it might be different! They would be inside the four walls. She could not expect the same from him now.

Though it was a few minutes, Khushi's mind was thinking all of them.

She stood up when Arnav entered the room. She suffocated...! But, Arnav was clear about his self. Yet, he didn't know how to act! The man, who was ready to face the whole world, struggled to face his love lady!

Arnav smiled at her mildly. She reciprocated it.

"Is not this dress heavy?" he started the conversation.

She nodded yes.

"You can change it"

Khushi looked at him perplexed. Then only Arnav understood that she brought nothing from her mother's place as their wedding was an unplanned one.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I just... If you have no problem, you can take my dress for this night"

Khushi looked at him surprisingly. Was he ready to give him clothes for her? Didn't he have a problem if she wore his clothes? Arnav walked to the cupboard and took his white shirt out. He extended it to her making her dumbfounded.

"Your lehanga seems prickly... You can't sleep wearing this. Change my shirt and adjust for the night. I will arrange some dress for you tomorrow morning"

Khushi was edgy. The thought of being in Lord Governor's shirt tickled her sense. Taking her hand, Arnav kept it in her palm. Without a choice, she went to the washroom to change. Arnav smiled seeing her hesitating. She became his wife, but still, she was nervous. He changed his suit thinking about it smiling.

He heard the CLICK sound of the washroom door. He saw Khushi coming out, wearing HIS shirt and her lehanga skirt. Without looking at him, she kept her lehanga blouse and shawl in the cupboard. She didn't know Arnav was looking at her. She looked at him with hesitation but he didn't show hesitation to gaze at her. That did something in her. She stood embarrassingly. She didn't know what to do next.

"Lay down"

She looked at him widening her eyes. He smiled and said,

"Sleep peacefully. I will take recliner"

"No, Arnavji, you sleep on the bed. I will take the recliner" Khushi said recliner.

"No no... it will be hard for you"

"Then how will you sleep on that?"

"It's ok..."

"No... I can't let you sleep on it" She said restlessly.

"Do you think I can let you sleep on it?" he asked.

She bit her nail.

"By the way, why don't you want me to sleep on the bed?" he asked, making her shock.

"When did I say I don't want you to sleep on the bed?"

"Don't you have a problem if I sleep on the bed?" he asked controlling his smile.

She nodded no without thinking.

"Then problem solved. Let's sleep on the bed."

He sat on the bed smiling. Khushi was looking at him without blinking. Sleeping on the bed with Arnav Singh Raizada? Her heart started racing. She became immovable. Arnav saw her and raised his brows.