Courting

It has been a few weeks since the incident of Lord Berbrooke

It has been a few weeks since the incident of Lord Berbrooke. Beatrice, Carla, and Danielle all arrived 2 days after the letter's arrived. Eden was getting ready for her courting with Anthony. She didn't have to plan anything because Anthony told her to not to worry. Beatrice was helping with Eden's hair as she heard someone walking. In the corner of her eye she saw her brother with a frown upon his face. The family hasn't talked to Anthony since him trying to set up Eden with Lord Berbrooke. Margot was at her door with a smile and said, "Your courtier is here." Eden took a breathe as she walked over to the stairs to see Anthony with flowers. She walked down the stairs as Anthony smiled at Eden bowing to her handing her the flower. "You look beautiful Eden." Eden blushed as Beatrice took the flowers from Eden.

Anthony took Eden's hand bringing her outside where she saw two horses. She smiled as she had told Anthony that when she was younger she loved to ride her old horse Majestic. "Eden this is Majesty and Moonbelle." Eden pet both of the horses as Anthony smiled at Eden. Anthony helped Eden onto the horse as he followed pursuit and they headed down to the park. "So how have you been." Eden sighed and said, "I've been busy. My family has kinda fallen apart a little." Anthony seemed worried and said, "What do you mean by that?" Eden looked at Anthony and said, "Alexander is very against us. He tried to get me to court Lord Berbrooke." Anthony face seemed furious but shook it off and smiled.

They both arrived to the park as she saw a picnic made for them. This made Eden smile as Anthony got off his horse to go to her horse. He grabbed her by the waist making Eden blushed as he helped her down. He held her hand walking over to the picnic which had all her favorite food. They sat down together as they started to eat. "So how do you know Duke Basset?" Anthony looked at Eden as he said, "Me and your brother knew him from Oxford as we had classes together." Eden nodded as she took a sip of tea as she said, "Do you think your sister and brother will court?" Anthony scoffed and said, "I don't think so. He isn't interested in a wife." Eden raised an eyebrow and said, "Like you?" This shocked Anthony making Eden giggle. Anthony smirked and said, "How about a bet then?" Eden seemed interested as Anthony said, "If they court I will be your manservant for the day."

Eden smiled liking this idea. "But if I win. You have to marry me before the end of the season." Eden smile and said, "If I win you be my manservant and marry me before my birthday which is in September." Anthony smirked and said, "Then it's a bet." Eden nodded as they finished the picnic.