Learning Daphne's Engagement

Another day another party

Another day another party. This time Anthony and Eden go to the party as a couple. Alexander decided that he wasn't going this time. So Beatrice went with them with her husband. They were talking with Daphne as Simon Basset was walking around. They were in the middle of the dance floor as someone announced about the new electricity lights. Daphne and Eden were arm in arm enjoying the lights when Anthony came over. He put his arm around Eden's waist as she smiled up at him and he did the same to her. He looked over at Daphne and said, "Daphne. I have found a suitable suitor for you." Daphne and Eden looked at Anthony confused as he said, "Lord Berbrooke has agreed to take you hand." Both girls looked at Anthony in complete shock as Daphne said, "Why?" 

Anthony looked at Daphne and said, "He has a good reputation. He would take good care of you." Daphne was mad and walked off as Eden glared at Anthony making him confused. Eden followed Daphne so that she could calm her down. "Daphne I know you are upset. But please do calm down. I have no idea why Anthony would do this to you." Then they heard footsteps behind Eden as they both looked behind Eden to see Lord Berbrooke. He was talking about how he was excited to have the Diamond of the season. "Lord Berbrooke please just leave me alone." Daphne said, making Lord Berbrooke scoffed and said, "Is that the way you talk to your future husband?"

Both Eden and Daphne looked at Lord Berbrooke in disgust as Eden said, "You will never marry Daphne. Not if I have anything to do with it." Lord Berbrooke scoffed and said, "You are not the gentleman of the Bridgerton house. Lady Norrington." Eden glared when Lord Berbrooke slapped Eden on the face. Daphne and Lord Berbrooke started to fight when Duke Basset saw this and was about to help. But Daphne was about to knock Lord Berbrooke out.