The Plan

Daphne walked over to Eden to help her up. "Are you two alright?" Simon asked the to girls. "We're fine. Just surprised on how strong I was." Daphne said, as the three of them looked toward Lord Berbrooke. When Daphne realized something. "Oh dear. 2 girls and 1 gentleman. People will think we'll be together the three of us. Oh how will Anthony react. My reputation is on the line and I don't know how Anthony will be seeing his Courtier with another suitor." Eden sighed knowing this could end in a disaster when Simon said, "Let's made a plan. Eden came with you to come see me. Since she is courting Anthony. It will get maidens off my back. It'll show that Eden is ok so that Anthony is not upset. For you Daphne when Lords see us it'll make you more irresistible."

Daphne thought for a moment then looked at Eden then at Simon. "Why do you want to do this?" Simon walked around and said, "If mothers see you with me. They'll keep their daughters off my property." Eden looked at the two and said, "It might be the best way Daphne. It also might keep your brother off your back. Your mother has always thought that the two of you make a beautiful couple." Daphne looked at Eden then back at Simon and said, "Lets do it." Simon walked over to Daphne taking her arm as Simon looked at Eden and said, "Walk behind us to show you were in company."

Eden nodded as she followed behind Simon and Daphne. Walking through the crowd everyone was shocked to see the Diamond of the Season and the Duke Basset walking together. Behind them in company was the Sapphire of the Season. Daphne nodded to Eden as she nodded back walking over to Anthony as he looked in disgust and Eden said, "You should've never arranged it." Anthony seemed shock and said, "You won the bet darling." Eden smiled, looking at Anthony who also smile as the crowd around them watch the newest couple dance under the lights. Anthony brought his hand out and took Eden to the dance floor as the couple danced the night away.