[98] - Henry's Birthday

═══════❀•°❀°•❀═══════Audrianna's POV

Audrianna's POV

"Moooomm?? Mom?" I looked around my mom's house, putting down my bag by the front door.

"Hey, Dria, sweetie!" she beamed, immediately pulling me into an embrace

"Hi, mom. Ooo, cute scarf." my gaze diverted to the scarf laying on her couch as I wrapped it around my neck.

"You can keep it if you want to."

"Oh- no! No, it's fine. I just think it's pretty."

"I think it looks gorgeous on you." she properly wrapped the scarf around my neck "You should definitely keep it."

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow "Thanks, mom.." I smiled softly at her

"Anyways. What's up, kiddo? Why'd you decide to come?" mom sat down on the couch and pat the spot next to hers for me to sit.

"Right. So, tomorrow is Henry's birthday."

"Oh. Wow, fun." she nodded

"The problem is.. I have absolutely no clue what to get him as a present."

"Come on, you're his girlfriend; what does he like?"

"Uhmm.." I thought for a moment "Oh! He has this electric guitar and he's trying to learn more songs with it to and I quote, 'serenade me with Arctic Monkeys songs'."

"He's a keeper." she smirked "Uhm. How about you write him a song?"

I slumped back on the couch "I'm already failing at literature, how do I write a whole song?"

"I'll help you." mom turned to me "Y'know, back then I was actually a theatre kid."

"For real?" I rested my chin on the palm of my hand

"Mhm. I was the one who wrote all the songs for every play in my school."

"Okay- okay, that's great! We write a song for Henry, then I'll sing it to him tomorrow."

She high-fived me "Told ya."

-

"Okay, how about this?" mom played a few chords on her guitar

I sat back up "I love that, but you really think we're gonna be able to have a whole song ready by Henry's birthday?"

"No worries, your mother was queen bee for a reason, remember that." she grinned cheekily "Now, let's get back to the lyrics."

"Nooo.. I can't write lyrics." I whined "Just play more stuff on your guitar."

"I said I'll help you. Just tell me some of your favorite things about Henry."

"Well, he's helped me accomplish alot of things."

"Mhm." she jotted something down on her notepad

"And.. he gives me a lot of courage and motivation."