Part 3: The Studio

Walking up to the studio Billies in, I knock on the door. When the door swings open I'm met with those blue eyes a wide grin

"Hey Y/N come in, it's just me and Finneas" she says excitedly

As I walk in Finneas stands and extends his hand "Nice to meet you I'm Finneas, Billies brother. I'm a big fan of your bands work I'm happy Billie invited you"

"Thank you this is an amazing opportunity both of you are so talented" I reply.

He smiles back at me before clapping his hands together and handing me an acoustic guitar. I stare at the guitar in awe, "this is nicer than any guitar I've ever owned".

Billie laughs and says "we only work with the best, let's get to work, anyone have any melody or chord progression ideas?"

Tuning the guitar to an open D, I strum a few chords when I see the sibling pair smile at me.

"Wow Y/N did you just come up with that" Finneas says

"I've had it in my head for a while but I think the chords are too soft for the band" I say calmly

"Well I love it let's start writing" Billie replies.

We all brainstorm lyrics on top of me and Finneas playing both piano and guitar. After about an hour we have a song and this may be the fastest song I've ever written. They even insisted we record immediately. Hearing Billies voice in person only makes her more attractive. Staring at her through the recording booth glass, is suddenly broken when I hear a phone ring, her brother excuses himself to take the call and leaves the room. When Billie is finished with her take she opens her eyes to reveal only me behind the sound deck. Opening the door she sits beside me and questions the whereabouts of her brother.

"He left to take a call mid take but he hasn't come back" I explain.

While finishing that sentence, Finneas returns.
"I'm really sorry but Claudia needs me, are you two going to be ok?"

Me and Billie both tell him it's fine and to go help her. This means me and her are alone. Without a word she turns to the computer playing around with her vocals and mixing the instruments. When she hits play, I am amazed. They have truly turned this song into something beautiful.

"Billie is is amazing" I voice my praise

"Y/N it's all thanks to you, who knew you'd be so talented" she pauses the track and turns her chair to face me. "Tell me about yourself Y/L/N"

"First of all how do you know my last name" I question raising an eyebrow

"Google is a wonderful tool" she quips back

"Ok ok, I grew in a small town outside of London, it was just me and my parents until I was 16 and they had another baby, my little sister Florence. That house is where I lived beside and met Grayson, and then around 11 we met River. From there formed a band and somehow ended up here in LA"

"I do love your accent, are you close with your family?" She asks

"I'm really close with them, I talk to my parents everyday and Flo as much as I can. I wish I could see them in person more but it gets busy with work, you know?" I answer truthfully

"I fully understand, I couldn't imagine living away from my family were all very close" Billie looks at me with a heartfelt smile.

We sit in silence just staring at each other for a moment before she speaks again.

"I really love your tattoos Y/N" she rolls her chair closer and reaches for my arm. I nod allowing her to lightly grab my arm and inspect each one closer.

"They all have meaning whether it's family or the band" I tell her. Without thinking I add "The tattoo on your back is hot".

Looking up at her in shock she smirks and says "that's twice you've called me hot and it's not even been 24 hours, but someone has been stalking me"

"I may have seen your instagram posts once or twice" I joke back.

We talk more about ourselves and she lets out a small laugh which causes a hair to become loose from her bun and fall into her face. I lean forward and tuck it behind her ear as if I had done it a million times before. She didn't say anything but just looked at me. Our moment was interrupted when Finneas swung the door open causing us both to push back forcing our chairs away from each other. I feel my cheeks get hot. Finneas turns his head from talking to Claudia "It's 10pm we gotta get home come on guys". Me and Billie stay quiet after whatever that little moment was, I scramble to get my stuff and after a small introduction to Claudia, I bid them all goodbye. Getting into my car I make a silent journey home, getting into bed as soon as I entered. Before falling asleep I decided to text Billie.

Y/N
Thank you for today, I had so much
fun. Hope I see you soon.
Goodnight x
11:24 pm