Part 27: The Tattoos

Currently River, Grayson and I are sat in this tattoo parlour for filling my birthday present a week later. I've been begging them to come and they finally caved.

"So Y/N what are you getting" Grayson says

"Well Grayson you don't know it yet but we're all getting matching tattoos" I say. Grayson and I both have a number of tattoos his are scattered out whereas I have a patchwork sleeve. River has none this will be his first. He's definitely getting his first.

"What?" Grayson says surprised "I haven't booked or paid"

"Don't worry bro, we got you" River says patting his back

"What are we getting?" He asks

"Our album of course, it's our biggest achievement why not remember it forever" turning to River I say "you're going first"

"Absolutely not" he reply's

"Unfortunately mate it's the rules" Grayson says mimicking his earlier action by patting his shoulder

"Says who" River says back

"Us" Grayson and I say in unison while I call over the tattoo artist to get started.

River went for a simple design just Relationship Diaries tattooed on his inner forearm. I pull out my phone to record him and post it to the bands Instagram letting our fans know what we're doing.

River winces in pain causing me and Grayson to laugh. "It doesn't hurt that bad River" I say giggling

"Yeah sure" River says

Returning to my phone I see a text from Billie

Billie🤍
Have fun getting your tattoos
I hope it doesn't hurt
Love you miss you x
12:34 pm

Saviour
Rivers being a baby as per normal
I'm getting mine last.
I'll come to yours for around dinner?
Love you too x
12:35pm

Billie🤍
Ok Baby Sharks been missing you
I'll have dinner ready
12:35pm

"Y/N stop smiling at your phone, come take a picture" River says

"That was fast" I reply sending Billie a quick text back and then go to take a photo

Grayson gets his tattoo lined up opting to get it in the same style as the name of our ep but on his other thigh. You'd think he was our number 1 fan. I upload a photo of Grayson matching tattoos to the band Instagram too.

Due to its size Graysons tattoo took twice as long as Rivers. Little do they know I plan on being here for a while.

"That looks sick thanks man" Grayson says to our tattoo artist as he hops off the bench. After he gets wrapped up, the artist places my stencil on.
To fit in with my patchwork I decided to go retro and put a Relationship Diaries label on a cassette tape.

"That design suits you" River says before smiling proud"Has this been the best birthday present or what"

"I don't know Graysons gift is kind of hard to beat" I reply as the needles begin their work

"I'm not even mad because how are you not even flinching" River says

Grayson pulls out his phone and brings recording me for the final part of our tattoo stories. "Here we have our resident tattoo enthusiast and her is her design, Y/N is a seasoned pro tell us how many you have now"