Part 14: The Proposal

Most of Saturday consisted of Billie and I being hungover. I left her house mid afternoon to go check on River and Mia's family's at my house. Briefing them on what's going down tomorrow, I also call my parents filling them in. They're both over the moon for River, as am I.

It's now Sunday and today is the day, we've got around 10 hours before sunset and the proposal.
Like every morning I wake up with my arm around Billie, stretching awake she rolls over and cuddles into me more.
"You want some breakfast babe" I ask her to which she grunts back. "I'm going to take that as a yes" I laugh out.
Heading downstairs I make me and Billie brunch of bacon and pancakes. When plating them up, I see her appear on the stairs. "Morning sleepy head" I say

"Ooo pancakes" her eyes widen as she sets the table. "Don't you have something today" she says

"We've got a photoshoot this afternoon for a potential album cover." I reply. Lucky our management let us use mia, not only is she insanely talented but this way River doesn't have to be away from her.

"Can't you just blow it off" she says

"Unfortunately no, not all of us can have days off" I joke.

Once finishing our brunch, Billie clears up and I get ready. It's already 1pm.

We begin our shoot around an abandoned car, all wearing black. First we stand around it getting a few shots of us all together, before we get to start smashing the car. Grayson tries to smash the wing mirror and misses making us all laugh and after taking photos of the moment mia joins in. We then move to a studio where we take some more traditional photos. After wrapping up, River and Mia head to their dinner.

When we say goodbye, Grayson and I get giddy jumping around each other we've got to get ready for the proposal, only 3 more hours.

"Can you believe River is going to be married" Grayson says

"I know our little boy grown up" I say

Grayson laughs "he couldn't have picked a more perfect girl for himself"

"I agree we really have our own little family" I say

Me and Grayson hop in his car and pick up Emma on the way to my house, when we pull in I see Billie getting out of her Jeep. She's wearing black trousers with a white shirt with a vest. she looks hot.

 When I get inside we're greeted by their families all dressed smart

When I get inside we're greeted by their families all dressed smart. I introduce them all to Billie and they welcome her in. Grayson, Emma and I go upstairs to change. Entering my wardrobe I pick out a matching waistcoat and trouser combination.

 I walk out onto the landing to see Grayson in a white shirt and suit trousers hand in hand with Emma in a matching outfit with a skirt

"You two look adorable" I say

"And you look hot y/n, Billie is a lucky woman" Emma says

We walk downstairs and I see Billie stare at me, "It's rude to stare Miss O'Conell" I say

"You look so good baby" she says pecking my lips.

"Let's go everyone" Grayson says. In his car him and Emma take Mia's Dad and sister while I drive Billies jeep with the two mums.

They chatter the whole way to the beach as me and Billie talk about our days. When we get to the beach we begin the set up. Placing flowers and candles on the beach.

We all grab a lantern and a lighter and hide behind a few rocks

We all grab a lantern and a lighter and hide behind a few rocks. After about 10 minutes we see them walking hand in hand. We see mia in shock and say something to River. As they walk over to the flowers, tears fall from her eyes. The sun is almost fully set and River gets down on one knee.

"Mia Grace Reign, you are truly the girl of my dreams. You are talented beyond words and I am truly in love with you. I never thanked you enough for coming to LA with me, I appreciate you for always being there for me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I cannot wait to start a family with you. So, will you marry me?" River says as tears flow from his eyes too

"Yes I love you Yes!" She says squealing, he places the ring on her finger and hug as we all stand up clapping and cheering. She turns crying more "Guys" she says between tears "... I'm getting married". We come out from behind out hiding place when she spots her parents and sister. "What are you guys going here" she says

"We came to surprise you, River called and we wouldn't miss this for the world he flew us up" her mum says. After a cute exchange she hugs rivers mum

"Congratulations sweetheart, I'm so glad you're going to be marrying my son" she says making mia hug her tighter.

We go to join them hugging them both. Me and Grayson stand next to river congratulating him before handing out the lanterns. We stand in our couples and families lighting them one by one into the night sky.

"You're supposed to make a wish when you light it you know" I say to Billie as I hold the latern letting it fill with heat

"Well I wish that one day your proposal will as good as this" she says letting it go.

I give her a kiss smiling and move to hug her from behind while we watch all of the lanterns float away.

Today was perfect for River and Mia, words cannot describe how happy I am for them. And the fact that Billie is talking about our future already warms my heart.