Chapter 32

Ryujin

Ryujin seems to have lost all her skills in talking to women whenever she's talking to Yeji.

It didn't used to be this way – but she has long given up on denying to herself, or anyone else, that her feelings for the feline eyed have grown significantly deeper as they continue to hang out. Especially after that period of falling out.

She knew that Yeji has some sort of feelings for her – but romantically or not? She hasn't figured that part yet.

Not until she heard it from her during an afternoon on their usual day at the library. And, boy, did she feel like her whole body was splashed by iced, cold, water after hearing the teasing question.

I will definitely do something about it.

She thought to herself as she decided to stay in the library and skipped the following 2 classes she already had studied in advance for.

She opened her laptop and looked up the available dates for the place that Yeji has been mentioning for the past month.

"2 months??? Oh hell no."

She pulled out her phone and called every person that could help, and spent the next hour looking for guides and watching videos on how they can maximize a day tour in the aquarium.

In the middle of everything, she would pause and imagine how the day would go – and her chest would be filled with excitement and nerves at the same time.

She could not think of any other time in her life when she felt this giddy and out of control. Not once. So she made a conscious decision to not fuck this up.

By the time she walked by Yeji's building, the girl was already there – standing alone by the rows of plants, looking around and waiting patiently.

Her nerves have taken over her body the instant their eyes met.

And so she unintentionally remained quiet for the whole walk. Yeji would ask her if she was okay, and all she could do was nod and continue her internal monologue on how she needed not to ruin it.

Speak. Speak up.

Why aren't you saying anything?

Hold her hand, maybe?

Ugh, no. That was a stupid idea.

When they arrived at Yeji's door, both of them stopped. Ryujin gathered all the courage she had and spoke up.

"I-I will do something about it."

She met Yeji's eyes and she swore she almost fell over.

"Ask, then."

Yeji moved closer, their nose almost touching. Ryujin had to remind herself to breathe and not faint because of the gesture.

Ultimately, she was able to let the question out without embarrassing herself too much. Only a couple of slurring, some stuttering and Yeji agreed to the date.