Epilogue

4 years after

"Jagiya, we're almost there."

Yeji was awoken by a light tap on her arm. She slowly opened her eyes and stretched her limbs before getting a clear view of the surroundings. She looked around and saw that the snowstorms had stopped and most of the roads had cleared up.

She leaned and rested her head lightly on Ryujin's shoulder, who remarked – "That was a good nap."

She smiled and placed a soft kiss on her cheeks. "It was. Thank you."

"I'm sure the girls are excited to see you. They have been calling me non-stop since I told them that your flight has landed." The brunette answered.

"I know, I'm pumped to see them, too. Is Eomma with them already?"

"Yes. I called earlier. She was asking for you but I couldn't bear to wake you up. You were almost drooling."

Yeji smacked her arm.

"My head is killing me." She massaged her head a little and felt Ryujin's right arms on her neck.

"Take it easy. We'll have a quick dinner and I'll make sure to ask everyone to leave early so you can sleep. Alright?"

Yeji leaned in to kiss her cheek.

"Thank you. I missed you so much."

Yeji was suddenly taken back into the past years.

Right after graduation, Yeji received an amazing offer from one of the biggest engineering firms in the world. The only problem was that it was in the US.

After weeks of contemplating, she missed the deadline on the submission of her acceptance and went on with finding jobs in Korea.

However, the firm reached out again after a couple of weeks. And that's when Yeji decided that it was too good of an opportunity to pass on. She arranged everything and ultimately decided to go.

Her family was pretty supportive and her friends were very happy for the feline eye, too. But her biggest supporter, the person who didn't give up in pushing and convincing her to take the once in a lifetime opportunity was Ryujin – because she knew Yeji too well. She knew that the doubts weren't because of the fear of living alone in a foreign country, because if there's one person who could do it, it was her. Rather, it was because of leaving the relationship behind.

They had one too many conversations about it, and everytime, Ryujin would not bulge. She would repeatedly, in the calmest way, explain to her girlfriend how big of a regret it would be if she didn't accept.

And Yeji knew she was right.

They decided to try it out – long distance.

And just like everyone else who tried, they struggled. A lot. More than a lot, even.

Ryujin started managing one of her family's businesses in Korea and it took a lot of her time. Yeji was in New York, discovering the city and adjusting to the culture and their way of living. And expectedly, it took a lot of her time, too. The contract was strict and she wasn't able to travel back to Korea even once.

There were moments when they felt like they wouldn't make it. Days when they're too tired to even say "good morning", or nights when they would rather be out than wait for the other person to wake up on the other side of the world only to stay in a video call while barely talking about anything.