Part 24 Not interested in

"Don't worry, I'm not interested in being your sister-in-law," Sining raised her hand to stop her.

Fu Qianqian: "?"

For a moment, she couldn't tell if there was something wrong with her ears or if Sining's mind had gone haywire. Previously, it was clear that she wouldn't marry anyone other than her elder brother, but now, it seemed like she had changed her mind out of the blue. Was she pretending not to care because she was afraid of being mocked?

Thinking this, Fu Qianqian suddenly understood. She never even considered that Sining might genuinely not be interested.

This novel leaned towards a more male-centric style, with the male lead charming various women. He neither accepted nor rejected their affections, adding numerous misunderstandings and obstacles to the romantic journey of the male and female leads. In this context, the original protagonist could only be considered a minor antagonistic character. After all, as a military officer, the male lead had plenty of admirers.

There was a reason why Sining sold the job to Fu Qianqian. In the novel, Fu Qianqian initially disliked Lin Sisi. However, after Lin Sisi helped her secure the job, she became extremely grateful and turned their relationship from enemies to friends.

Upon reflecting on this plot, Sinnian felt some confusion. She didn't understand why Lin Sisi would help Fu Qianqian. Now, however, she had a clear understanding. It seemed that emotions were at play, with Lin Sisi taking Sinnian's job and indirectly benefiting Fu Qianqian. In the later stages, Lin Sisi chose to continue her education instead of pursuing a career as a broadcaster. This earned newfound respect from the previously disdainful Fu family. Life seemed to be a series of fortunate events for Lin Sisi. By willingly selling her job to Fu Qianqian, Sinnian missed her chance to please her. Although Fu Qianqian seemed difficult to get along with on the surface, her character was actually quite straightforward, making her easy to win over. In the book, Lin Sisi managed to exploit this trait, gradually winning her over. However, the situation was different now. Fu Qianqian already had some issues with Lin Sisi, and her underhanded method of obtaining the job would likely lead to a lasting disdain from Fu Qianqian.

Not to mention, Lin Sisi was unwilling to give up the job to her, which only fueled Fu Qianqian's animosity toward her even more. Given this situation, it wouldn't be easy for Lin Sisi to establish a good relationship with Fu Qianqian. As the saying goes, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

"Let's go, we need to go home and get our household registration book," Fu Qianqian said cheerfully, her mood improving and no longer interested in criticizing Lin Sisi. She quickly pulled Sinnian along to retrieve their household registration book.

Sinnian pretended to hesitate and said, "My household registration is still with the Si family. This job was probably arranged for Lin Sisi by my parents. I'm worried..."

She paused, hesitant to continue.

As expected, Fu Qianqian's expression immediately changed. "So what if it is? This job wasn't obtained through their help. Why should it be given to Lin Sisi? I'll go with you. I don't believe Lin Sisi would dare to compete with me!"

"If she dares to compete, I won't let her off easily!" Sinnian nodded.

"In that case, it's my pleasure to help," Fu Qianqian said, caught off guard by Sinnian's unexpected politeness. She scratched her short hair awkwardly and added, "But don't get me wrong. I'm not helping you; I'm just doing it for my own job."

Sinnian smiled knowingly.

Because Sinnian was holding the child and it was inconvenient, Fu Qianqian hailed a taxi. Sinnian was indeed a bit tired; the child was already two years old, and no matter how slim Sinnian was, carrying over twenty kilograms was strenuous. Seeing the child in Sinnian's arms, staring at her with a pair of beautiful big eyes, Fu Qianqian's expression became somewhat complicated. She couldn't help but feel astonished that Sinnian, who was considered the most beautiful and promising in the compound, ended up in such a miserable situation and became the stepmother of such a big child.

Suddenly, a wave of emotions surged within her. "Hey, Sinnian, you don't plan to leave it like this, do you?"

Sinnian played with the little one and said, "Is there something wrong with this?"

"Just look at her, she's so well-behaved," Fu Qianqian retorted.

Just as she was about to say she didn't like children, the little one handed her a candy, babbling away. Fu Qianqian was taken aback. "She can't talk yet?" Despite her age, she still couldn't speak?

Sinnian nodded. "Not yet, but she'll learn soon."

Fu Qianqian's gaze at Sinnian became even more complex, filled with admiration. Ten minutes later, the two arrived at the family compound. Normally, Sinnian wouldn't find it easy to enter, given the scandal surrounding her non-biological status, which had been widely discussed. If the Sis weren't willing, she wouldn't have any way to enter.

But with Fu Qianqian, it was much simpler. The two strolled up to the door of the Sinnian family, and before Sinnian could step inside, she saw her parents walking out with darkened faces, comforting Lin Sisi, who was in tears. Lin Sisi had lost her job and was naturally sent back home. She was now sobbing about the unfair treatment she faced at the radio station, accusing Sinnian of retaliating against her because she had returned and taken away her favor.

Hearing this, Sinnian's parents turned livid with anger. They couldn't believe that their daughter, whom they had lavished so much care and attention on, could be so malicious! They didn't expect her to repay them, but they never imagined that she would pretend to obediently leave, leaving them feeling guilty, while secretly using such means to suppress their daughter and prevent her from establishing herself in the city! She was simply despicable!

They were about to take Lin Sisi to seek justice from Sinnian, but they hadn't expected Sinnian to come to them instead. Lin Sisi had anticipated that Sinnian would return because she needed her household registration to transfer her job. However, she hadn't expected Sinnian to bring Fu Qianqian along.

Seeing the two of them, their expressions stiffened. Sure enough, Sinnian's parents, who had been frowning, quickly concealed their anger upon seeing Fu Qianqian. The residents of this family compound cherished their reputation the most; after all, no one wanted to become a laughingstock. Although they were quite angry at the moment, they still had to put on a smiling face.

"Qianqian, why are you here too?" The one speaking was Sinnian's father. He was quite familiar with Fu Qianqian, as she was the daughter his superior had doted on the most at home, even more than his own son. At one point, he had even encouraged Sinnian to build a good relationship with her. But since the two didn't quite get along, he was surprised to see them together now.

Fu Qianqian was straightforward with her reply, saying, "Uncle Si, hello. I'm here to help Sinnian with the transfer of her job by getting her household registration. Can I have it, please? I'll bring it over to you later."

"What?" Sinnian's father was stunned. He had only heard his daughter mention that she wanted to sell her job to someone else, but she hadn't mentioned who that person was. He never expected it to be Fu Qianqian.

Sinnian then spoke up, "Dad, Mom, thank you for your concern and for helping me keep my job. I'm really grateful. I've been worried about my job, so I hurried back as soon as I could. I'm sorry for troubling you all this time."