Part 53 Food delivery and confident man

The day before yesterday's pork rib soup was still left. Si Nian washed an eggplant and cut it into small pieces, sprinkling a little salt evenly over the surface of the eggplant.

Once the seasonings were ready, she fried the eggplant in hot oil until they turned soft and fully cooked. She then drained the excess oil and set the fried eggplant aside on a plate.

Next was the soul of the dish, the sauce. It was simple. Si Nian took out a small bowl from the cupboard and added a little salt, MSG, and two tablespoons of white sugar. She then added two tablespoons of vinegar, two tablespoons of soy sauce, and an equal amount of water. After stirring them well, she added a tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken the sauce.

She also bought a bottle of doubanjiang, which was particularly fragrant these days. Just the aroma of it made one's appetite increase. She heated the doubanjiang over low heat until the oil turned red, then added some chopped scallions, ginger, garlic, and chili to flavor it. Next, she added the pre-fried eggplant, stir-fried until the color changed, and then poured in the prepared sauce. She stir-fried it over high heat...

Finally, she garnished it with chopped scallions, making it incredibly appetizing.

Considering Zhou Yue Shen had a big appetite, Si Nian cooked two large eggplants and also made a tomato and scrambled egg dish.

After feeding Yao Yao, she sprinkled some of the eggplant sauce over her rice and mixed it, eating a big bowl herself.

All she needed now was some pickled spicy radish to balance out the flavors.

On hot days, Si Nian's appetite wasn't great, so she liked to make pickled radish as a side dish, which was especially appetizing.

Whether it was spicy pickled radish or pickled radish strips, they were both very appetizing.

Si Nian swallowed, her mouth watering at the thought.

Thinking of bringing some pickled radish for Zhou Yue Shen, Si Nian decided to head to the market. She carried the lunchbox and walked towards Zhou's livestock farm.

She arrived early today and encountered other women delivering meals on her way. They greeted her warmly and showed concern.

Compared to Si Nian's lunchbox, theirs looked quite plain. They carried a large bowl filled with rice and covered with various dishes, holding a pair of chopsticks as they walked...

As long as they could eat, no one was too particular.

"Si Nian, what a coincidence! You're also here to bring lunch to Zhou Lao Da. I heard Aunt Liu stole something from you yesterday and even hurt you. Are you okay? Haven't you rested a bit more?"

"Yeah, Aunt Liu is really malicious. I've heard she's not clean, often sneaking into people's vegetable gardens to steal. Didn't expect it to be true."

"She probably noticed you're from the city and brought good stuff, so she targeted you."

"So scary! I heard the police came too."

"Such people, in the past, would have been sent to labor camps."

Si Nian looked at the indignant group and laughed, "It's okay, just a little bruise, I'm almost healed."

"You're so optimistic. If it were me, I'd have already confronted the Liu family."

"You're new here and got bullied. We feel really sorry for not being able to help."

Earlier, they had assured Si Nian that although their village was poor, the people were good-hearted. Now, just a few days later, their words felt ironic.