Part 62 Strong back muscles

Zhou Yueshen lowered his eyes and nodded, saying, "Come up, hold onto your little brother."

Zhou Yuandong nodded heavily and, with some effort, climbed onto the back seat, then tightly hugged his younger brother.

Once he saw that the children were securely seated, Zhou Yue started the motorcycle.

Considering it was the children's first time riding a motorcycle, Zhou Yue drove slowly.

Si Nian watched as the figures of the three of them receded into the distance before turning back to go inside and prepare dinner for the evening.

Just as she turned, she noticed Big Yellow wagging its tail at her. It dawned on Si Nian that she hadn't fed Big Yellow lunch yet, and now Aunt Liu and the others had come to stir up trouble.

She had been so busy that she had forgotten until now.

She patted Big Yellow's head and thought about the remaining dishes at home, laughing, "Big Yellow, we're having meat tonight!"

With men in the house, the consumption was high, and meat was always a must for every meal.

Zhou Yue took the children for two laps around the village. Initially, the children were a bit reserved, but by now, they had adapted and were enjoying the feeling of the wind blowing against their faces without restraint.

As it was about to rain and getting dark, everyone was heading home with their hoes.

Some dirty-faced children were immediately drawn to the sound of the motorcycle. When they saw that it was Zhou Yuandong and Zhou Yuehan riding the cool motorcycle, their faces lit up with envy, making it hard for them to move their feet.

"Mom, I want to ride too!"

Before the words could fully leave his mouth, his mother gave him a not-so-gentle smack on the back of his head, "Ride, my foot! Get over here!"

After riding around for a bit, raindrops began to fall. Zhou Yue brought the children, who were still wanting more, back home.

By this time, the warm aroma of cooked food wafted from the house.

Even though the weather was gloomy and rain was imminent, everyone in the family was in high spirits.

The younger of the two boys had long hair that was now tousled from the wind, looking quite comical.

After parking the motorcycle and carrying the child inside, rain started pouring heavily outside.

However, inside the house was warm and cozy. Even though Si Nian was the only one there, the radio was on, constantly broadcasting news. From the kitchen came an enticing aroma that made all the children simultaneously swallow their saliva.

The stepmother's cooking was simply irresistible, tempting the appetites of all the children.

Zhou Yuehan was about to sneak over to see what delicious meal his stepmother had prepared when he was pulled back by the collar.

Turning around, he looked at his older brother in confusion, "Brother? Why are you pulling me?"

Zhou Yuandong looked at his brother expressionlessly, "Have you finished your homework?"

Zhou Yuehan quickly retracted his exposed teeth, lowered his head guiltily, and nervously tapped his fingers, "Not yet..."

"Then go finish it," Zhou Yuandong's voice carried a hint of sternness.

His younger brother was never fond of studying, and his academic performance was not ideal. Zhou Yuehan needed someone to keep an eye on him while he did his homework to ensure completion.