Part 25 Incredible

Sinnian's grateful tone caught Sinnian's father and the others off guard, who had been furious just a moment ago.

"W-what..." Sinnian's father stammered, taken aback.

Sinnian, with an innocent expression, continued, "Sissi already told me. She said you were worried about me not going to work and afraid of losing this job, so you let her help me out. I'm really moved by that. But don't worry, I've sorted it out now. You don't need to worry about it anymore. I've decided to sell the job to Qianqian."

Fu Qianqian nodded in agreement, adding, "Yes, I've promised to buy this job from Sinnian. Uncle Si, you don't need to worry about it."

Sinnian's father felt awkward. He couldn't even muster up anger at this point; instead, he felt a bit guilty. Their intentions weren't as noble as Sinnian had perceived. They simply thought it would be a shame to leave this position vacant, so they let Lin Sisi take it for a while since she had some free time. Later, when she went back to school, they planned to sell the job.

At least, that's how they thought it would go. They never expected Sinnian to come back.

"Uncle Si, the HR department is about to close. Could you please give Sinnian and me the household registration book so we can handle the procedures?" Fu Qianqian urged eagerly.

Normally, Uncle Si might have found an excuse to refuse, but the other party was Fu Qianqian!

After stammering for a moment, he said, "Qianqian, you're a young lady. How can we make you do Sinnian's job?"

Fu Qianqian disliked this tone. No matter how hard she tried, others always seemed to use that annoying tone of "you're a young lady," implying that opportunities were handed to them even when they weren't necessary.

Upon hearing this, she immediately retorted, "Uncle Si, don't underestimate me. If Sinnian can do it, so can I. What's the problem?"

Uncle Si was at a loss for words, being reprimanded by a younger generation. He could only force a smile and quickly agreed, "Haha, you're right, you're right."

"Well then, Uncle Si, could you please hurry? I took time off work for this, and I need to get back," Fu Qianqian urged.

Uncle Si had no choice but to comply. With a sigh, he nodded and said, "Alright, I'll get it for you right away."

After receiving the household registration book, Sinnian and Fu Qianqian hurriedly left.

The atmosphere at the Si family's place was grim, but they couldn't do anything to stop it. Lin Sisi's face turned even greener with anger.

After going home to get the household registration book, Fu Qianqian knocked on her brother's study door to borrow money.

"Bro, lend me a thousand bucks. I'll pay you back when I get my salary," she said excitedly.

Fu Yang frowned upon hearing this. "What do you need so much money for?"

"To buy a job, of course. Don't you know? Sinnian quit her job and sold it to me. She's waiting downstairs right now. Hurry up and give me the money," Fu Qianqian urged.

"Didn't she leave already? Why did she come back?" Hearing Sinnian's name, a trace of displeasure flashed across Fu Yang's handsome face.

He had found it hard to believe when he heard that Sinnian had left a month ago. Knowing she wasn't their biological daughter a month before, she had caused quite a scene, feigning illness and causing chaos around the entire compound. Fu Yang had never liked Sinnian; although she was indeed beautiful, there were plenty of good-looking people in the world, and to him, a woman without substance was no different from a vase. Moreover, he was annoyed by how she always clung to him.

He felt as if everyone knew about their engagement, giving him a sense of restraint. Fortunately, Sinnian wasn't their biological daughter, so he didn't have to marry her, which relieved Fu Yang.

He couldn't believe she had come back so soon, and with such a flimsy excuse to boot. Did she think that by giving her job to her sister, he would suddenly hold her in high regard? How naive.

No matter what she did, he would never marry her again. It would be best for her to give up on that idea. Lin Sisi was even better than her.

With these thoughts in mind, Fu Yang gave her the money and dismissed her. "Hurry up and get her to leave. Don't let her come to our house to pester us again, lest we become a laughingstock."

Upon hearing this, Fu Qianqian was momentarily stunned. "Brother, what are you saying? Who's pestering us?"

"Who else could it be? She suddenly sold her job to you, hoping to make the Fu family owe her a favor so she could use it as an excuse to come back in the future, right? I've seen through these little tricks before. Tell her she'd better not come to bother me in the future, or I won't be so easy to deal with," he said sternly.

Fu Qianqian, after hearing her brother's oddly confident remarks, was utterly repulsed. She wrinkled her nose in disdain and said, "Big brother, what are you even saying? When has she ever come to pester you? Sinnian came back just to get her household registration, and I was afraid she might leave without it, so I dragged her over. That's why she said she wouldn't come up earlier, to avoid any misunderstandings. But lo and behold, you still managed to think too much."

Fu Qianqian's expression resembled someone suffering from constipation.

Fu Yang's handsome face darkened. "What did you say?"

"I said she didn't come here to see you at all. I insisted on bringing her over. She didn't even want to come inside the house. If she really wanted to see you, wouldn't she have come up with me earlier?"

In reality, Fu Qianqian was a bit unsettled herself. She had been contemplating what it would be like if Sinnian were the one marrying into their family; she would rather die than see that happen. On the other hand, she thought Sinnian might still have feelings for her older brother, so she brought her over, hoping their encounter might rekindle those old flames. However, Sinnian's rejection and insistence on remaining faithful to her new husband left her shocked.

After speaking, she grabbed the money and hurriedly left the room, leaving Fu Yang feeling both irritated and incredulous. How could it be possible? Sinnian had always followed him around since they were young. She had been reluctant to leave the Fu family before, presumably because she wanted to marry him. How could her approach now be without purpose?

This kind of talk could only deceive someone as naive as my sister. Anyway, he didn't believe a word of it.

Although he thought so, Fu Yang still stood up and walked to the window, pulling back the curtains to look downstairs. He just wanted to see if Si Nian was really as innocent as his sister claimed.

However, at a glance, Fu Yang couldn't help but furrow his brow. In the bright sunlight, the girl stood gracefully in the garden, overshadowing even the vibrant roses with her beauty.

In this era, as families became wealthier, everyone started to dress up. He had seen many unique and beautiful women, but none were as stunning as her. She seemed to radiate purity and grace, like a masterpiece stepping out of a medieval painting. Especially in the sunlight, she seemed to glow, outshining even the surrounding roses.

The light in her eyes was gentle and relaxed, unlike before when she would act shy and timid around him.

Si Nian used to dislike children, always instinctively keeping her distance from them, finding them noisy. But now, she held a child tenderly in her arms, her smile more radiant than any flower.

Fu Yang was momentarily lost in her presence, but the next moment, as if sensing his gaze, Si Nian suddenly looked up and met his eyes.

Fu Yang was taken aback for a moment, instinctively wanting to look away, afraid that she might read too much into his gaze or start pestering him. However, as he moved to draw the curtains, he saw Si Nian casually avert her gaze, her expression unchanged, as if he were... insignificant.

Fu Yang paused, somewhat incredulous, as he looked on.