Part 85 The smoke from his lips

After a moment of silence, he finally spoke, his voice deep, "They... all look good."

Sinan asked, "Which one looks the best?"

That question stumped him.

A pause.

The sales assistant on the side chuckled, covering her mouth, "Sir seems to be having trouble choosing. After all, Miss, everything you're wearing looks beautiful."

Sinan frowned, "But I can't possibly buy them all."

"Okay," Zhou Yueshen agreed without hesitation.

Sinan looked puzzled, "?"

The sales assistant laughed even harder, "What a generous man!"

Sinan quickly said, "No, no, just one is enough. I can't possibly buy everything."

Oops.

Did Zhou Yueshen think she was hinting that she liked everything?

She quickly took off the gold and jade bracelets and looked at Zhou Yueshen with eager eyes, "I'll just take this necklace."

The necklace was over two thousand, within her affordable range. But considering that in this era, two thousand was almost her entire savings!

Zhou Yueshen's brows furrowed deeply, "No, I insist on buying."

He had seen Lin Sisi earlier, flaunting her gold and silver, showing off in front of Sinan.

Did Zhou Yueshen really not get it?

Back in the countryside, Sinan had started dressing more casually, without any accessories to adorn her. He thought the gold bracelet would suit her perfectly, looking fabulous on her wrist.

Zhou Yueshen had noticed the price tag. For families like theirs, it was indeed expensive. But money could be earned again, while marriage was a lifetime commitment. He didn't want to compromise on her happiness. At the very least, she should have gold.

Pointing at the gold bracelet and necklace, he said, "We'll take these."

Though Sinan found them pricey, she knew these items would only appreciate in value over time, and what woman didn't love such things? She had been worried that he might find it burdensome to spend so much, but it seemed he didn't think that way at all. A man who willingly spends on his woman is truly charming.

People around couldn't help but cast envious glances at Sinan.

After some bargaining, the final price was a little over thirteen thousand yuan. Such a sum would only be affordable for city folks. Sinan felt her palms sweat as she held the bag, but her eyes were shining brightly.

Looking into her eyes, Zhou Yueshen felt she resembled a child, much like the way their second child had looked when he got a new school bag—filled with innocent excitement.

Halfway through their journey, Sinan's attention was suddenly captured by some green onions growing by the roadside. She tapped Zhou Yueshen on the back.

Zhou Yueshen stopped the car and turned to her, "What's up?"

"Look, there are so many green onions!" Sinan pointed to the lush green onion sprouts by the roadside. Green onions added a special fragrance and flavor to clear soup noodles and were delicious when stir-fried with eggs. Most importantly, the bulbs at the bottom were perfect when soaked in soy sauce—a great accompaniment to meals.

Next to fernbrake, green onions were one of Sinan's favorite foods that went well with rice. She couldn't handle spicy or strong-smelling foods, especially in the heat. So, she loved sour radishes, pickled fernbrake, and garlic bulbs—perfect side dishes to whet her appetite. While regular garlic was too pungent and spicy, green garlic was just right. Green onions were also great for making noodle soups.