Part 46 Injuried

They were still too young, especially Little Brother, who was only in first grade last year.

They only let her in because they were greedy for food, never expecting her to steal something and then falsely accuse them of stealing.

They didn't steal anything!

But under the prolonged oppression, the two children didn't even dare to defend themselves, only looking at Sinian in fear.

Sinian wasn't a fool, she wouldn't fall for such low tricks.

In the frightened eyes of the two children, she coldly said, "Aunt Liu, do you think I'm a fool? Even if the children stole my things, it wouldn't matter. But if you stole them, it might not be useless. Should I call the police, or will you hand them over yourself?"

Aunt Liu hadn't expected that her words hadn't shaken Sinian at all. Now that her intentions were exposed, she immediately hardened her expression. "What are you talking about? I don't understand. I still have to prepare dinner at home. I'm leaving."

Sinian released the frightened Yoyo and stood in front of her. "Hand over what you stole, or when Zhou Yueshen comes back, I won't be as lenient."

"Who are you threatening? I told you, I didn't take anything!" Aunt Liu shouted loudly.

Sinian sneered, "Little Brother, go loosen Big Yellow's chain."

Zhou Yuedong snapped out of it and quickly got up to find Big Yellow.

Aunt Liu was just a troublemaker. They couldn't beat her or scold her, but Big Yellow could.

Upon hearing that Big Yellow would be unleashed, Aunt Liu immediately panicked.

She forcefully pushed Sinian aside and ran outside.

Sinian didn't expect her to act this way and was caught off guard. She was pushed over and hit her head heavily on the sofa leg, making her dizzy and disoriented.

Zhou Yueshan screamed in fright, and Yoyo started crying. The two children hurried over.

With dizziness clouding her vision, Sinian saw the two children crying loudly in front of her. She struggled to reach out and pat their shoulders to comfort them, "Don't cry, I'm fine."

But then she passed out.

Aunt Liu's attempt to steal from the Zhou family and her act of pushing someone spread quickly. She was chased by the Zhou family's Tibetan mastiff and ended up tearing her pants and dropping all the jewelry and accessories in her pockets.

When Sinian woke up, everything was white, and she could smell strong disinfectant.

Opening her eyes, she heard the nurse's voice, "You're awake. Do you feel any discomfort?"

Still feeling a bit groggy, Sinian quickly realized she was in the hospital.

"I'm okay, right?" She remembered being pushed by Aunt Liu and hitting her head. She hoped she didn't get a concussion.

"You have a bump on the back of your head, but you're fine now. I'll go call your family," the nurse said.

The nurse glanced admiringly at Sinian. She came with a man carrying three children. They had been waiting outside while she was unconscious. It was truly an enviable family.

Sinian nodded.

Soon, the door of the hospital room was pushed open.

A tall, slender man walked in, carrying some food in one hand and holding the stumbling Yoyo's hand in the other.

"Yayaya~" Yoyo immediately let go of Zhou Yueshen's hand and ran towards Sinian, struggling to climb onto the bed with her short legs.

Zhou Yueshen sat down beside the bed and placed the food on the bedside table. His deep eyes carried a complex expression as he asked, "How are you feeling? Any discomfort?"

Sinian shook her head. Just as she was about to ask about the children, she noticed two small, frail figures standing at the door of the ward, secretly watching her but hesitating to approach.

"No bleeding?" She was about to reach out, but her hand was quickly grabbed by the man.

Zhou Yueshen quickly let go and said, "There's no bleeding, but it's swollen."

Sinian sighed in relief. "And Aunt Liu?"

"She's been taken to the police station." Zhou Yueshen looked at her, his voice cold and deep. "Next time you encounter such a situation, prioritize your own safety first. Leave the rest to me to handle. Never confront others head-on again."

Being from the city, she was not as strong as some rural women, and people like Aunt Liu didn't hold back when they got aggressive. Pushed to the edge, they could do anything.

In the end, she would be the one injured.

Sinian felt a bit embarrassed.

She hadn't expected Aunt Liu to react so strongly. She had just wanted to scare her off by unleashing the dog and make her hand over the stolen items.

She didn't expect Aunt Liu to panic like that.

What Sinian didn't know was that there had been incidents before where people didn't know about the dog at Zhou Yueshen's house and attempted burglary. The result? Their legs were bitten off by Big Yellow, who roamed freely in the yard. Only after that did they start chaining him up. That's why nobody dared to steal from Zhou'family. While chained, Big Yellow might only bark to scare people away. But once unleashed, he was no different from a ferocious beast. Word had it that Big Yellow was originally from the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, a dog Zhou Yueshen picked up when he was serving as a soldier in Tibet. Raised by Zhou Yueshen alone, he only recognized Zhou Yueshen as his master. He might not bark loudly at acquaintances, but when danger loomed, he was incredibly fierce. Tibetan Mastiffs were different from ordinary dogs—massive in size and intimidating in appearance. No wonder Sinian's legs went weak at the sight of him. Others were equally afraid. Even Aunt Liu was no exception, which explained her extreme reaction at the time. Of course, her fate was no better. With her pants torn and a long scratch on her leg from Big Yellow, she screamed in agony, her cries echoing throughout the village. She was so terrified that she wet her pants, adding to her misery. Before she could come to her senses, she was taken away by the police for theft. "I understand," Sinian obediently nodded. There was nothing more to say. Perhaps sensing his own harsh tone, Zhou Yueshen paused, his voice softening a bit. "Have something to eat first."

"Thank you." Sinian was indeed a bit hungry and reached for the food, starting to eat. It was food from a state-owned restaurant, and the taste was decent. Glancing outside, Sinian could tell they were in the city, which made her happy. "When can I leave the hospital?" "The doctor said you can leave once you wake up." "Then let's go shopping. Since little old man and big old man are here too, we can buy them some clothes." Sinian had wanted to buy clothes for the two kids before, but she didn't know their sizes, so she didn't. She only bought clothes for Yaoyao, which made her feel somewhat guilty. She was worried that the two sensitive kids would misunderstand and think she didn't like them. Taking a fruit from the side, Zhou Yueshen started peeling it, his joints long and distinct, with faint blue veins. "Alright." Outside the door,Zhou Yueshen heard this and his eyes, swollen like walnuts, turned red again. "It's all my fault for letting Aunt Liu in. She stole stuff from stepmom and even pushed her." But when stepmom woke up, she didn't blame him. She even said she'd take him and his brother to buy clothes. He choked up, "Big brother, am I too bad?"