Part 54 She even called him uneducated!

Isn't he the one who was rumored to have an affair with the original owner of this body and cuckolded Zhou Yueshen?

It's not like the original owner genuinely liked him; it was this man who fell head over heels for her at first sight. After their first meeting, he was utterly captivated and went into full pursuit mode.

The original owner was not interested, having grown up in a small city where her fiancé was of the rank of lieutenant colonel. She naturally looked down on Li Mingjun with his greasy charm.

Furthermore, after being forced into marriage with Zhou Yueshen, she had a deep-rooted aversion to men who had been previously married.

However, Li Mingjun was quite gullible and had no sense of boundaries. At first, he was a bit cautious upon hearing about her marriage to Zhou Yueshen. But when he learned their relationship was on the rocks, he became bolder.

Taking advantage of being Zhou Yueshen's younger brother-in-law, he often found excuses to visit her at Zhou's house.

This frequent contact naturally caught people's attention, leading to gossip and tarnishing her reputation.

The original owner loathed him and would often berate him harshly.

So, Li Mingjun, feeling slighted, spread rumors that she was unsatisfied with her life, was attracted to him because he drove a big truck, and wanted to move to the city with him, completely tarnishing her reputation.

In this day and age, a married woman having an affair is a grave offense, and people would talk behind her back.

In the eyes of the villagers, Li Mingjun was somewhat accomplished. He dressed better than most, was decent looking, and could drive a big truck. Many village girls were secretly interested in him.

And now, not content with being married to the wealthiest man in the village, Zhou Yueshen, she was rumored to have an affair with him, drawing even more gossip.

The rumors got increasingly nasty.

However, the original owner was proud and took the attitude of not caring whether people believed the rumors or not. She just didn't bother to explain.

When she divorced Zhou Yueshen, she even occasionally invited Li Mingjun into her house, in front of her children, thinking that this might help her break free from Zhou Yueshen.

The children held a deep resentment towards her, but were powerless to do anything. The divorce between Sinen and Zhou Yueshen was not solely due to the children; this incident was also a contributing factor.

In this era, unless they absolutely couldn't continue, people rarely sought divorce. After all, divorce usually meant the end of a woman's social standing for life.

However, in the original owner's eyes, her life was already ruined when she married an older man who had been previously married. Now, a bit more tarnishing, what was there to fear?

People these days are either too timid, enduring family abuse without leaving, or like the original owner, unwilling to face reality. Clearly, the original owner belonged to the latter.

She was on a path of self-destruction that seemed to stretch endlessly ahead.

Thinking of this melodramatic plot, Sinen's expression turned sour, as if she had eaten a fly.

While it was known that everyone has their share of bad luck in love, this man before her was exceptionally disgusting. Unable to win her over, he resorted to slandering her. Wasn't such a person the lowest of the low?

The author of this novel must have had a deep grudge against this supporting female character.

"Who is this?" After exchanging pleasantries with the other women, Li Mingjun finally shifted his gaze to Sinen, asking in surprise.

Without much thought, the women warmly introduced her, "This is Sinen. She moved to our village from the city not long ago. She's Zhou Yueshen's wife. Didn't you know?"

Upon hearing that she was Zhou Yueshen's wife, Li Mingjun stiffened for a moment. But after a brief pause, he smiled again, his face showing a dreamy expression, "Sinen, such a beautiful and melodious name."

The children harbored deep resentment towards her but were powerless to act.

The divorce between Sinan and Zhou Yueshen wasn't just because of the children; this incident played a significant role too.

In this era, unless the situation was truly unbearable, people rarely sought divorce. After all, a divorce usually meant a woman's social standing would be ruined for life.

However, in the eyes of the original owner, her life was already ruined when she married an older man who had been previously married. Now, adding a bit more tarnish to her reputation, what was there to fear?

People nowadays either endure family abuse out of timidity or, like the original owner, refuse to accept reality. Clearly, the original owner belonged to the latter.

She was on a self-destructive path that seemed to stretch endlessly ahead.

Thinking of this melodramatic plot, Sinan's expression was as if she had swallowed a fly.

While it's known that everyone faces some romantic misfortune, the man before her was exceptionally disgusting. Not being able to win her over, he resorted to slandering her. Wasn't such a person despicably cunning?

The author of this novel seemed to hold a deep grudge against this supporting female character.

"Who is this?" After exchanging pleasantries with the other women, Li Mingjun finally shifted his gaze to Sinan, asking in surprise.

Without much thought, the women warmly introduced her, "This is Sinan. She moved to our village from the city not long ago. She's Zhou Yueshen's wife. Didn't you know?"

Upon hearing that she was Zhou Yueshen's wife, Li Mingjun stiffened momentarily. But then, he seemed to remember something, and a smile appeared on his face, showing a dreamy expression, "Sinan, 'thought'... What a beautiful and melodious name."

Sinan had let him off the hook, but instead of being grateful, Li Mingjun not only harbored resentment towards Zhou Yueshen but also tried to emulate his success. Seeing Zhou Yueshen making money, Li Mingjun tried to follow suit. However, realizing it wasn't as easy as he thought and being unwilling to endure hardships, he ended up losing everything.

The women present also felt that Li Mingjun's way of addressing Sinan was inappropriate. Hearing his comments, they shook their heads in disapproval.

Li Mingjun's face twisted with a mixture of anger and embarrassment. How could she call him greasy and disgusting? And insult his lack of education! Li Mingjun was fuming. Women usually tried to please him, but now, he was being openly criticized. Did this woman think she was something special just because she was pretty?

When he had asked for her name, he was trying to show her some respect!

Yet, here she was, showing no gratitude.

"What if she's Zhou Yueshen's wife?" he thought. "Didn't Zhou Yueshen beg me to drive for him? Without me delivering goods for him, who else in this village could help?"

The more he thought about it, the angrier he became, his confidence turning into arrogance.

He retorted sarcastically, "You're thinking too much. I was just joking. Heh, I compliment everyone, not just anyone."

His tone was condescending.

"Joking? Do I even know you? Who are you to joke with me?" Sinan shot back.