Chapter 8: Realisation

"Truth is Aang needs a fire bending teacher," Toph goes on as she spoke to you and Zuko around the fire about their situation with the war currently.

Jet was sitting by himself on a log near this nearby small pond. He was sort of angry with himself about how he treated you.

He didn't realise how he acted towards you until earlier. He himself did things he wasn't proud of and over time his regrets for some of his actions built up.

How was he any different to the fire nation. He really did almost become the very nation he swore to hate.

He knew deep down in the prison it wasn't your fault that his family died but now he knows how wrong he was. Maybe it did affect you. You clearly wasn't like any fire bender he has ever met but he didn't realise that at the time.

He knew what he had to do now. So he stood up and starting to slowly walk back to the tent where you and zuko are at.

"Y/n is a great fire bender I think she's perfect to teach Aang," Zuko says looking at you for approval.

"It would be an honour to teach the avatar fire bending," you say getting a little excited but nobody could tell.

"Great," Toph says as she stood up, "The others are asleep right now but come in the morning I will let them know."

Toph said her goodbyes before she left back to the western air temple.

"Where's Jet?" Zuko asked.

"Don't know and honestly don't care," you say getting under the tent.

"Speaking of the devil," Zuko says looking at Jet.

"Y/n please can I speak to you now," Jet says softly looking into your eyes. He looked down and you usually feel bad for people easily even though you're mad.

You decided to stop ignoring him.

"K."

You didn't want to speak to him but you also didn't want any arguments since the next couple of weeks or even months will be long.

It was better to sort this out now. You couldn't be mad at him forever.

He led you to the pond he was at. It was a fairly small one. The water was very still as the moon reflected down on it.

You sat on a log opposite Jet. His hair was tied up in a man bun with two strand sticking down. He cleared his throat thinking about what he was going to say to you.

"I'm sorry," he says, "In the prison I was angry and I thought I was going to die, a lot of things were going on with me and-"

"Jet," you chuckle slightly not taking his apology serious enough, "Your like so bad at apologising."

"I'm only bad at apologising when I really messed up, the whole time when I was in the prison you never harmed me in fact you sort of took care of me but I was too arrogant to see the good in you. You're genuinely the bravest woman I have ever met, like you left the prison, your family and duties to help the avatar. Not just anyone would do that you're truly a remarkable person and I took you for granted and for that I'm sorry."

"Wow Jet, that is a lot to unbox," you say swallowing the knot in your throat feeling yourself get hot. You did not expect him to say all of that.

"Am I forgiven," he says standing up and staring down into your eyes.

You couldn't help but notice how beautiful he looked right now as the moon reflected its light onto him.

You quickly looked away and brushed away those thoughts quickly.

"Yes your forgiven," you say looking back at his eyes with a smile.

"Come here," he says initiating you to hug him.

You stood up and walked closer to him and gave him a hug. You put your hands around his waist and he put his hands on your back.

"Also," you say letting go of the hug and looking back up at him, "What is this I'm hearing about almost killing people?"

"I don't want to talk about that, I thought I was doing the right thing but I clearly wasn't."

"Yeah clearly."

"But anyways luckily they stopped me I was too blinded by my anger towards the fire nation, I almost became the one thing I hated. Plus I know now the avatar is back and will restore balance."

"Good at least you're self aware," you say before looking back to see what was that ruffling noise.

"There you guys are," Zuko says, "Did you guys kiss and make up."

"More like hug and make up," you say walking away from Jet to go back to the tent before things got awkward.

"You think you're so funny Zuko," Jet says.

"Come on we are going to go back to the air temple in the morning so we need to get some sleep," Zuko says catching up Jet on the current situation.

"Really. Did they not say that we are not welcome?"

"Me and Y/n sorted some things out with the earth bender Toph, she's going to speak to them so be on your best behaviour."

"You should be telling yourself that," Jet laughs as he walks back to the tent with Zuko complaining behind him.

_______________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as always voteeeeeee <333