Chapter 11: Training Part 2

"Okay let's start with something simple, I will come at you and you try to defend yourself," you say getting yourself ready to fight.

You and Jet were practicing in the woods near the western air temple.

"Ok," he says getting ready to fight, "Are you going to use your bending?"

"Nope, let's start."

You charged at him as he blocked your attack pushing you away from him in defence. He goes in for a couple of hit but you avoid them easily.

He suprises you when he goes for your legs attempting to flip you over but you avoided it by doing a back hand flip.

"You're basically untouchable," he replies as grabbed your arms pushing you against the tree, "But not totally untouchable."

"I let you have the one, I felt bad," you joked before attempting to kick him, making him let go of you allowing you to get out of his grip.

"Don't be afraid that you will hurt me," you say charging back at him as you and him starting to attempt to hit one another and avoiding each others attacks.

"You think I won't hurt you?" He says raising his eyebrows as you and him continued to fight.

"You could never hurt me," you reply tripping him over before putting your feet in front of his throat.

"Hm," he says as he got up, "I will become stronger than you one day watch."

"If you say so," you chuckled, "Come on round 2 hit me."

You and him started to attack one another as he tried different techniques on you which you avoided easily making him more motivated to defeat you but you were too good at fighting hand to hand combat as you easily dodged his attacks.

"How are you avoiding all my attacks so easily I tried everything?" He asked pausing his attacks and looking at you.

"You're easy to read."

"What do you mean."

"Your attacks are too predictable, but you have good power and you're good at overwhelming people."

"Soo.."

"If you want to go against someone with bending skills you must not be too predictable you have to be smart. Power and force isn't enough."

You carried on training him and showed him some of your moves and secrets you had to your abilities.

After a couple of hours and spending the whole day teaching him you let him fight you again but with his weapon.

This time he was listening to your advice and pinned you against the tree as he put his weapon near your throat.

"You improved," you say as you looked at his weapon and back up at his tired eyes. But looked like he wasn't done.

Jet moved his weapon away from you and you brushed off any mud or dust on your clothes.

"Is that all?" He says, eager to do more.

"You need to rest."

"I can't rest and plus I want to fight you with your bending."

"Tomorrow I will use my bending but I need you to be rested if I am going to train you that way, plus I'm tired too."

"Fine," he mumbled getting his stuff.

"Your getting stronger, you have potential don't be hard on yourself."

"But I need to be stronger."

"You caught me off guard there-"

"That was one time, you were probably tired of me or something."