Chapter 12: The Boiling Rock (part 1)

Jet could barely sleep. He was still laying down near the fireplace as before. He couldn't get his mind off what Katara said.

He could hear voices bickering in the background for a while and since he couldn't sleep much he decided to get up and see who that was.

"I need to restore my honor," Sokka says climbing up Appa.

"What are you guys up to?" Jet says rubbing one of his eyes slightly.

"Nothing-" Sokka began to say.

"He wants to help his dad escape from one of the most dangerous prisons in the fire nation," Zuko says explaining the situation as Jet listened.

You were already up since you generally don't sleep much. You were walking around and saw the three boys whisper shout in the distance.

"What are you guys up to?" You say startling them as they turned to face you.

"Why is everyone awake," Sokka complained as you furrowed your brow.

"They want to go to the prison Sokka's dad is in," Jet says looking at you.

Your eyes were reflecting the moon light as you stared at him. He got nervous a little before averting his eyes away from you. He honestly didn't know how to look at you anymore. He always knew you were pretty but now he didn't know how to act around you without getting lost in your beautiful eyes.

"Is that true?" You say looking at Sokka and Zuko now.

"Yeah can you believe he wants to break into the boiling rock?" Zuko says making your eyes widen.

"Your not for real right," you say looking at Sokka who was getting impatient with everyone, "That prison is the prison with the most security it's basically impossible to break out, trust me I have been there once."

"It's not impossible, great then you can help me break in then Y/n," Sokka says, "I can't just sit around and leave him there."

"I don't know," you say knowing how risky it would be.

"Please," Sokka says begging you, "I'm going either way so you in or out?"

"Ok fine," you sigh hoping you won't regret your decision.

"So the rest of you coming?" Sokka says looking at Zuko and Jet.

"Yeah we can take my war balloon," Zuko suggested.

"I don't know about going back to a prison but since Y/n is going I might as well," Jet shrugged.

"I see," Zuko says as he and Sokka smirked.

"What... Nobody else hear speaks to me I will be bored," Jet says in defence making you laugh a little.

"Guys leave him alone," you say starting to walk ahead of them, "let's leave before the rest of them wake up it's nearly sunrise soon."

The rest of them agreed as you all walked to Zuko's war balloon to head to the prison. It didn't take long to get there so it was still dark when you all arrived.

As soon as you entered the volcano surrounding the prison the air balloon starting to go down.

"What's going on?" Sokka says as the fire in the balloon went out causing the balloon to begin to fall.

"The hot air outside is hotter than the air in the balloon," you say struggling to hold onto something making you loose your balance a little.