11

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱ who could stay?
you could stay
TAYLOR SWIFT^

LORELEI

I WONDERED if I looked like a complete loser or painfully unsociable, maybe both. Ellie had disappeared ten minutes ago, using her classic washroom excuse, leaving me to sit on the couch;alone.

There had been others around me, conversing with in their small groups, groups I hadn't been apart of. I stared down at the High Noon in my hand, shaking slightly from the bouncing of my leg. Fucking Ellie.

"Hi." A husky voice echoed beside me, making me turn my head. I recognized him immediately.

Mark Estapa, active member of the Michigan ice hockey team and the sluttiest guy on campus;Ellie's words. He was godly attractive, sharp jaw, honey colored hair pushed back, and soft eyes that made him look innocent.

"Hi." I shifted, looking up at him as his eyes darted to the empty spot beside me, he cocked a brow, gesturing towards it. "Uh, sure, yeah."

Mark sat beside me, the scent of expensive cologne hitting my nose. It was a strong smell, in a good way, but I couldn't help but wish it was the mint scent I swore I hated.

"I'm Mark." He introduced, holding his hand out for me to take.

I chuckled lightly, shaking his hand momentarily. "Yeah, I know who you are. You play hockey, right?"

Mark nodded with a grin that could make girls melt. No wonder it was easy for him to have a reputation.

"Yes." Mark hummed. "You look really familiar. Lorelei, is it?"

I parted my lips with a slow nod, knowing he had to know me from his captain, my arc nemesis. "In the flesh. How do you know me?"

"Luke talks about you time to time." Mark shrugged with a low laugh, scrunching his nose slightly. "You bitched him at last years party, didn't you?"

I could feel myself physically shiver at the memory. I blinked, rolling my lips into my mouth. "Yep. That was me."

"It was the funniest thing I've ever seen, you know?" Mask sighed lowly, taking a sip from the mystery liquor inside his solo cup.

I nodded. "I am quite the humbler." I paused, dropping my gaze to my lap. "I actually haven't seen him. I'm surprised, usually he's bouncing off the walls."

Mark eyed me before shrugging. "I'm sure he's here somewhere. Luke wouldn't miss the opportunity to party."

I hummed, biting my bottom lip. "You're totally right."

"So, what's your major?" Mark asked. The classic question to keep the conversation from dying down.

"English." I raised my brows, taking a swig from my own drink. "Let me guess, yours has something to do with sports?"

Mark shook his head with a smile. "Business, actually. It may come off as surprising but I do have brains, Lorelei."

I narrowed my eyes at him, fighting my own smile. "Well, excuse me. At least someone on the team has brains."