24

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱ who's gonna kiss the brown haired girls?
who's gonna wipe away their tears?
TV GIRL^

LORELEI

I WAS fully self aware of how dramatic I could, a boarder-line emotional breakdown in a person. Anything could set me off. And right now; it was the three page paper due tomorrow for Mr. Brown.

I had been caught up with making plans and spending all my time with Luke, I was forgetting about the real reason I came to college; my education.

My head was down as I stared at the blank doc, a salty tear escaping my eyes in silence.

"Surprise." I recognized the voice instantly, the strong smell of cologne invading my nose. Any other time I'd be happy to see him, but right now, I fought the urge to throw a desk chair at him.

I didn't respond, my blurry eyes staying focused on the doc and the prompt pulled up beside it.

"Lo." Luke's voice was quieter as I could feel his gaze burning into me. "Lorelei, please, say something."

I exhaled deeply, bringing my head up as I blinked, making more pathetic tears fall down my cheeks.

Like a reaction, Luke brought his thumb to wipe them, a pout on his diamond lips. "Oh, Lorelei. What's wrong, baby?"

"This is so stupid." I tucked my hair behind my ears, covering my face as I shook my head. "I'm pathetic."

"Hey." Luke grabbed my wrists, forcing me to look at him. "Don't say that. Just talk to me, yeah?"

I was growing more annoyed. How was it so easy for him? It wasn't fair. He made me feel more than I could comprehend.

"I have to write this paper." I began slowly. "It's three pages long on a prompt I have no fucking idea on. If I fail this assignment, I fail the class."

Luke hummed with a small nod, scooting my
computer closer to him. "Oh. This is a breeze, Lorelei. Dylan just finished his last night. I helped write half of it."

"Seriously?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Jeez." Luke pressed his palm to his heart. "I'm not stupid, Lorelei. I'm taking full credit for this, by the way."

I blinked, shaking my head. "Wait, you want to help me write it? No way."

"Lorelei." Luke cupped my hand. "It's the least I can do. You're stressing out, you always cry when you're stressed. Please."

From the puppy dog eyes he was shooting me, it would be nearly impossible for me to say no. Plus, I needed his help.

We sat in the library together for two and half hours until we finished. Luke, wrote the entirety of the paper. I just corrected and formatted it to scream Lorelei instead of Luke.

I truly believed Luke was heaven-sent. And now, I wasn't sure if I could ever do homework without his presence.

"Thank you, Luke." I smiled softly as I closed my laptop, hitting the turn-in button was like a breath of fresh air.

"Anytime." Luke sighed, cracking his fingers as he seemed warn out. "If you ever need help or even a homework buddy, you know who to call."

I bit my bottom lip as I chuckled. "Is that our new thing?"

"Doing our homework together?" Luke clicked his tongue like he was thinking it through. "I'd love to be your homework partner. But, just so you know, we're even now."

"Even?" I cocked a brow at the brunette, laughing softly. "And what are we even about, Luke?"

Luke leaned back in the clothed chair, manspreading. "Remember in the beginning of the year? When you totally hated my guys and insisted on doing our project alone?"

Bells went off in my head as I recalled my upmost pettiness. I covered my mouth as I nodded slowly. "Ah, I see. So, by you doing my work, it makes up for me putting my heart and soul into our project?"

"Hey, I helped." Luke shot back, placing his open palm in front of me. "I basically made that project, Lor."

"Whatever you say, Luke." I signed lowly, standing up as I slung my bag over my shoulder. Warm arms engulfed me from behind, pulling me into his chest with an embrace.

He rested his chin on my shoulder, planting a soft kiss below my ear as I shuddered. "Need a ride?"

"Do I have a choice?" I quirked, knowing the answer.

"Let me think about that." He hummed, turning me around, face to face as he pursued his lips. "With a lot of thought, the answer is no."

I clicked my tongue, shaking my head. "You know, this could be considered kidnapping."

"Is it?" Luke parted his lips with fake shock. "To me, it seems like you're willing to get in my car. Unless you want to walk in the pouring rain."

I shoved at his chest playfully. "Luke, you'd never let me walk in the pouring rain. Especially at night, alone, and did I mention it's raining?"

"Yeah, yeah." Luke mocked, slinging an arm around me as he pulled my hood over my head, shielding my hair.

I leaned into his side as we both paused at the exit of the library doors. To the human eye, it didn't look like a rainstorm. This looked like a tsunami and hurricane had a baby.

I widened my eyes as I slowly turned to face him. This had explained why the library was empty. "Now what?"

"Okay." Luke unlocked his car from the door as I could spot it in the parking lot. "If we both sprint, we'll make it there mildly soaked."

"Luke." I glanced down at the Ugg slippers adorning my feet. "I can't run in these."

Luke's eyes fell to my poor choice of footwear before  he pulled his own hoodie up, slinging his keys into the pockets of his sweatshirt before turning to me. "You trust me, Lorelei?"

"Of course I do." I nodded without hesitation, despite the way my heart was pounding from the look of mischief in the boys eyes.

"Hold on tight." Luke lifted me from the ground, hauling me over his shoulder in one swift motion.

I squealed as I was suddenly over him, the door being pushed open as he began to jolt to his car, my hands fisting my bag as I laughed.

Luke threw open the passenger door, lugging me in before slamming it, running over to the drivers side as he panted, grabbing onto the steering wheel for support.

I rolled my bottom lip into my mouth, placing my hand over his now wet bicep. "You truly are the best boyfriend."

Luke shot me a smug grin with a small shrug. "Next time, wear sneakers, yeah?"

"I think I actually will stick to my slippers." I looked down at them. "That was the most romantic thing I've ever experienced."

Luke narrowed his eyes at me. "Baby, you're looking at romantic."

🥰 😇😚💖