20

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱  you're just too good to be true
can't take my eyes off of you
you'd be like heaven to touch
FRANKIE VALLI^

LORELEI

I WAS beginning to mentally curse at myself for being so stupidly blinded by Luke Hughes. Ellie was appalled at the fact that I willingly was going to a date party. And I was, too.

I tugged my dress down, the silky yellow material ending just below my mid thigh, white heels that belonged to Ellie and I wasn't sure if I was going to survive the night without breaking my ankles.

"Wow." Luke leaned against the passenger door of his truck, grinning from ear to ear as he eyed me. "Don't you look beautiful."

I giggled like a child as he twirled me around like a princess, I swatted at his chest with an eye roll. "Are you saying I'm ugly other times?"

"I don't think you can be anything but beautiful even if you tried." Luke leaned down, pressing a gentle peck to my collar bone before opening the passenger door and helping me in.

I kept my hands folded for the duration of the short car ride, feeling my nerves bubbling in my stomach. Luke and I hadn't been exactly public about whatever we had been. Luke's type was anything but me, despite him saying the opposite.

Blondes with blue eyes and finger thin waists clawed at him, begging at his feet for a chance. But he chose me, I still couldn't wrap my head around it. 

Luke placed a hand on the top of my knee, dragging his thumb back and forth as he pulled into the parking garage. I looked at his side profile, taking in his features.

He was wearing a casual suit, black dress pants, white button up shirt and a matching black jacket. It irked me truly to believe he was this good-looking.

"You ready?" Luke asked, raising his brows as he put the car in park. I could see how excited he was and I wouldn't the reason he had a bad night.

I hummed, smiling softly. "As I'll ever be." I reached for the door handle, a hand pulling me back made me pause.

"I promise we'll have fun." Luke reassured, getting out of the car as he quickly made his way over to my side, opening the door for me. "A true man never lets his lady open her doors."

I grinned from ear to ear, wondering what I did to deserve him. With his help, I was on the ground, his arm keeping me indulged in his side as we began to walk to the nightclub.

The bouncer stood outside, holding a cold stare that shot ripples through me. But, Luke, was more casual then ever.

"Bobby!" Luke yelled, hitting the shoulders of the broad man whose face fell into a warm smile. "How's it going?"

"Good." Bobby nodded, his eyes falling to me. "Ah, Luke's brought himself a date."

I blushed, feeling the spotlight flick to me. "Lorelei."

"Nice to meet you." The older man smiled warmly, taking the red velvet rope that blocked the entry way and moving it to the side, creating a path. "Have fun."

I walked in first, Luke's hand pressing into my lower back as he guided me throughout the people filled club. The floor was vibrating from the bass of the music, my headache already building.