Part Thirty-two

I slightly grimaced at the sight, but I had to control my expression. There's no use in asking why she's clinging to him, they're married. But, I can't help but feel sad.

Evalie wrapped herself around Heinry's arm and looked up at him with a pouty lip. "I haven't seen you in three days, baby! I missed you!" I almost sighed at her words. Not in annoyance but in embarrassment. She spoke too modern, it was almost as if she gave up on acting like she was from this world.

Heinry didn't even respond, which I found odd. Yes, he said he didn't love her but, she is the female lead, surely she has some effect. 

He brushed her off and then turned back to me. "Hilda," He said, shooting his eyes in her direction briefly as she stood next to me, "Can you show Edith to her quarters now?" He looked tense as he spoke and Hilda promptly nodded and dragged me off, but not before I heard him say those ominous words to Evalie.

"Come with me."

-----------

"Yes, Heinry?" She looked up at him with a charming smile as he walked her way after shutting the door to his bedroom.

"Please refrain from acting like we are close." He rubbed his temple in aggravation as he spoke.

"But..." Evalie looked down and squeezed her fingers together. "We are married...are we not?"

Heinry sighed and tried his best not to lash-out. "You know better than anyone just how much I don't consider you as my wife." He stated in an ice-cold tone before turning to leave, but he froze in place when he heard Evalie's exasperated breaths.

"Oh, your highness!" She yelled and he whipped around with a red face, flustered by what she was saying. He saw her sucking on the top of her arm and shoulder, leaving marks all along them.

"Evalie!" He exclaimed before marching forward and grabbing her arm, pulling it up into the air so she would stop. "What are you doing?"

"I should ask you the same thing." Her innocent eyes switched to sinister ones as she tilted her head at him. "Surely you wouldn't hit your own wife?" She grinned.

He scoffed and dropped her arm as he backed away slightly. "What is wrong with you?" He shook his head, an expression of disgust covering his face.

"No, what is wrong with you?" She turned his words on him and ran forward, flinging herself on him and wrapping her arms around the back of his neck. He instinctively caught her and wanted to let her down, but she squeezed herself tight against him. He was stuck where he stood and couldn't shake her off without hurting her.

"You have a beautiful wife right in front of you," She messed with the collar of his shirt, "yet, you leave her all alone for so long and then show up with that whore." She frowned and he took advantage of her loosened grip to pull her arms off of him. He walked forward and pushed her onto the bed.

He looked down at her and shook his head as she laughed where she lay. "You're insane." He said before turning around and leaving.

"Hah!" She rolled over onto her stomach and rested her chin in her hands as she kicked her legs. "He doesn't think I'm insane though..." She smirked.

---------------

Heinry combed his hand through his hair as he walked down the hallway, fixing his tie and collar that Evalie had messed up. Of course it was just his luck that he would encounter Edith. He almost winced when he saw her stop, her eyes trailing to his disheveled shirt.

"Edith..." He froze, his brows curving in worry as he hoped she wouldn't assume anything.

"Ah, your highness," Her body stuttered before she bowed, almost like she forgot how to address him. "Miss Hilda informed me that you would be the one to give me my tasks."