18 - Rough Start

This chapter is brought to you by: @LuciferTheFallen16 !!!

A/N: why was this chapter so late? totally not because I was unmotivated to finish those kinger sketches. anyways, drawing his head without a reference was such a pain in the ass that I'm contemplating killing him off ☺️

P.S. A/N: I read somewhere that if a chapter isn't fun to write, it isn't fun to read, so chapters may take a littttttle bit longer to come out, just so I can make sure they're as high quality as possible <3

After pondering, you realized resting couldn't cause that much harm. Right? This decision was most likely made by the sleep-deprived part of your brain, but it was very much overpowering your more logical side. The world around you started to blur as you dozed off, and you accepted it, knowing it was only for an hour. They'd wake you up when you got there. 

Half-asleep already, you never noticed Ragatha offer you her shoulder to rest on. Your head flopped onto "your new pillow" and you went fully unconscious. The rag doll just smiled sweetly as she made sure you were safe and comfortable the whole ride. 

After a while, a conversation began amongst most of the members in the cart. The majority were discussing the upcoming adventure, but it seemed as if Kinger thought they were talking about the apocalypse. It made for some... interesting... interactions. 

"Do you think there will be candy animals? Maybe even candy people?!"

"Don't grow a bond to them. Bubble will probably eat them all before this adventure ends..." 

"Aw, Zooble, there's no need to be so pessimistic hon! We could probably convince Caine to let us take one little critter home!"

"They do have a point though. At least from what I've seen."

"IF WE TAKE ONE OF THEM HOME, THEY'LL MULTIPLY AND ARMAGEDDON WILL BEGIN! MITOSIS CEASES TO HINDER THE CYCLOPS!" Everyone deadpanned at Kinger, highly unamused. 

"Uhm... anyways! Other than the candy animals, what else do you look forwards to, Gangle?"

"Maybe they'll have a chocolate river?" 

"That could be fun perhaps. Like that one movie from the real world... what was it called? Yknow, the one about the candy man?"

"HE'S THE ONE THAT STARTED THE END OF THE WORLD! DON'T MAKE A DEAL WITH THE CANDY MAN, POMNI! AVOID THE TRIANGLE WITH A TOP HAT AT ALL COSTS!!"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Kinger, you should take a nap like Y/N."

"Oh, ok. Pomni, can I sleep on your shoulder too?" Aforementioned jester slowly inched away as if Kinger's deteriorating mental state was contagious. The realm of consciousness was highly overwhelming, so it's better that you were asleep. That was a lie, it's so much worse. 

You sat in an empty void. It feels familiar, as if you've been here before, perhaps in previous nightmares. You knew it wasn't real, but of course that doesn't mean you could wake up. 

There was a harsh breeze that caused you to shiver, even though there should be no cause. Slowly you stood up, fighting off the feeling of dizziness that came after. And then you began to walk with your hands outstretched in front of you. Looking for... you couldn't remember. You were looking for something. And you felt like you had to find it.