19 - Wrath

This chapter is brought to you by: wheelofnames.com !!!

A/N: the art at the beginning of the chapter is a rough idea of what I envision Comic Y/N to look like. if I do turn this into a comic yknow? this is a concept so things are likely to change, including her name! Comic Y/N's pronouns are gonna be she/they in the comic, their name is unknown but  I would love if you guys chose a name for her <3 also, I wanted them to follow the circus theme so I made them a mime! partially at least. she still has less cartoony aspects, like her height, hair, and the fact they look more humanoid than any of the other characters ^^ the gloves will make more sense later in the story too 🤫

TRIGGER WARNING!!! GORE? AND MURDER!!! If the subjects of this chapter may bother you, I shall see you in the next one. Stay safe <3

At first you couldn't recall anything, couldn't feel anything, except for the tiredness that loomed overhead and tried to manipulate you into letting it take over. "Ragatha...?" you whispered, attempting to make eye contact with the motherly figure, which was a struggle with your fuzzy vision.

"It's me, hon. I'm here. I've got you." After a minute of sitting in silence together, slight awareness began to return. Faint memories of Sheriff Gummigoo. You couldn't remember the words he said, but you definitely remembered how they made you feel.

"I... What did he do?" you asked, slowly as you were still regaining your senses. You looked at the jelly on your hands. You felt the jelly on your face. Bright orange.

"Bad things... but you defended me. Nobody else has done anything like that to me before..."

"Did I hurt him? Did I KILL HIM?! ...am I a bad person...?"

"No no, you're like an antihero! You did a bad thing but for a good reason! He had it coming hon, it isn't your fault in the slightest!" Ragatha exclaims, sitting next to you in the dimly lit cell, looking at you with a mix of shock and admiration. 

You grabbed at your head due to stress, and responded, "RAGATHA, AM I A MURDERER?!?! OH MY GOD I GOT US LOCKED IN HERE AND NOW WE'RE PROBABLY GOING TO BE EXECUTED AND IT'S MY FAULT THAT WE GOT IN THIS SITUATION IN THE FIRST PLACE AND-"

"Please don't blame yourself for what happened. You seriously defended me. Even though I don't think things could've possibly gone worse, I really appreciate what you did." Considering Ragatha's sweet words, you licked a small part of the sour orange jelly that remained on your hands. 

Everything was still kind of a blur, all you completely remembered was trying to make the sheriff reason, and then things went awry. A hook. A slap. A tear. And then being thrown into one of the cold walls of the dingy jail cell the two of you sat in. It was like Jax's, except it was made of candy. 

"I can tell you're still in a state of slight stupor. Do you recall how we got here at the least?" Ragatha asked calmly.

"No... not really..." you responded. She soothingly rubbed your back, a slight red mark on her cheek as she recounted the story to the best of her abilities...

"Sheriff Gummigoo... let's try to think logically here, okay? What are the chances that WE would be criminals? On the same day that all of the players are here?" you questioned as politely as you could, trying to ease your nerves and speak for your peeved friend.