Part 15

Paige's pov

First win of the game and i was feeling unstoppable. Though i had to be running around after the game leaving me no time to really take the moment in.

We had just finished press conferences and it was 9:30. I walked into the break room immediately greeted by me favorite person ever....Drew. He runs towards me as I kneel down to get on his level and embrace him in a hug.

"Hi Drew I missed you so much how are you" "Good you played awesome" he says pulling away. "I obviously learnt from the best" I say tapping his shoulder which makes him send out a bunch of giggles.

"I got to meet Maddie" he says "really?" I ask raising my eyebrows as I actually hadn't seen Maddie except for when she was celebrating with nika and kk. "We did she was really sweet" my dad says stepping in as I stand up and go over to hug him. "Yeah she's a sweetheart" I smile thinking at the thought of the girl.

"What'd you think of the game?" I ask he laughs "you'd think you'd want to stop talking basketball after all the questions" he says "but this is you" "well you played amazing hun your first day back I'd say was a success" he shrugs making me smile "can we go eat now" Drew says making us laugh.

I go over to Nika,kk, Aubrey and Caroline as they were all together. "Hey so we're heading home to change for the party" Nika says speaking for the group of girls. "Okay I'm going out with them and maybe I'll meet y'all at the party later" I tell them "ofcourse just call us when you get there" Aubrey says.

I congratulate the whole team before my dad ,Drew, Azzi and I make our way finding our Uber and heading to diner which is filled with a bunch of pre season talk and lots of catching up with Drew.

Unfortunately the night ends since they could only come for the game because of work and Drew having school. Which also resulted in Azzi and I making our way to a familiar sorority house that was throwing us a party.

"You guys are here" Jana exclaims hugging us both at the same time before leading us to the rest of the team. As we do lots of people are praising and congratulating us on our win.

We finally find our way and I get the girls. "Where's the rest of the girls?" I ask nika loudly. "They flaked" she shrugs "what about Maddie?" I ask looking around for the short brunette "she stayed at home to edit" she says resulting in evident disappointment.

"I was hop-" "PAIGEY CONGRATS BAE" I hear a familiar blonde say as she puts her arm around me. Nika laughs and nods in disagreement before taking a sip of her drink.

"Let's go get you some drinks" she smiles excitedly as she takes me away from the team and suddenly I'm surrounded by complete strangers.

—————

It was close to 2:30 am and I felt like shit. I had agreed to lots of drinks which I probably should've turned down as now I was in a random room rethinking my decisions. "How are you holding up hun?" Isabella asks barging in. "How do I look?" I ask "you look good you always do" she smiles "that wasn't supposed to be answered" I laugh.

"Oh" she says faintly followed by her giggles "Isabella you're such a pretty girl I just really wish you would stop pestering me and actually trying to find someone who likes you" I say pushing her hair out of her face.

"You deserve to be with someone who really likes you" I tell her. "I only want you" she whispers "and I want made- " before I can finish she closes the gap between us by pressing her lips onto mine. For a second I comply and it immediately hits me that I shouldn't have done that. I pull away from her as fast as I could.

"Why would you do that" I ask as the drunk feeling rushes out of my body being flown in by complete awareness. "I'm in love with you Paige I really think we could make this work" she smiles reaching her hand up to my face, but I stop her before I can. "Don't you ever talk to me again and this, this stays between us" I say running off.