Part 17

The girls were finishing up their practice and headed towards the locker room as I stayed out on the court to pack my equipment and random gadgets into my tote bag.

I feel my phone start buzzing and I pull it out of my pocket nikas contact popping up on my screen. "I'm really craving some frozen yogurt" she says making me laugh. "I don't have my car" I tell her "Carol is driving" "okay"

"Madeline can we talk?" I turn to see Paige "yeah what's up" I ask putting the tote on my shoulder. "Are you sure you're okay? Nothing you want to talk about?" She asks I nod in disagreement "do you have something you want to talk about" she sits down on the bench avoiding eye contact.

"No I don't I just was wondering because it was so odd that you spent the whole weekend at Olivia's" she shrugs "well yeah I just needed some support from her" I tell her pressing my lips together. "Right but you know you can tell me anything right?" I nod "of course same goes for you"

"Yeah thanks I feel so weird since I haven't seen you since Friday I didn't even get to see you after the game to celebrate" "nothing to be weird about" I tell her she simply returns a chuckle making me mentally palm my face. Why was she laughing did she find it funny that she was getting away with kissing another girl.

"Maddie bae let's go" Nika sings over to me with ice and caroline trailing behind. "Well I have to go" I tell her as i awkwardly turn around and walk away from her.

"Maddie?" I turn to face her again "can I come over later?" "I don't think that'd be a good idea Paige" "then can we get dinner?" She adds. "Fine swing by my place with Indian take out" I groan giving in walking off to nika.

———————

After coming back from a froyo date full of catching up, and a tiny bit of gossip I had made myself comfortable by changing and sitting on my couch turning on sex and the city.

"Maddie I can't knock can you get the door?" I hear from outside my door making me giggle. I skip over and open the door to see a very good looking Paige wearing a white cropped tank and loose sweatpants holding bags in either hands. But I had to stay strong and stand my ground.

"Hi" I say pressing my lips letting her in. "The island or the couch?" She asks "couch for sure" I say going over to pull out out my floor cushions. "I'll get the plates" she tells me as I set the cushions for us to sit on the floor.

"Is that my hoodie?" She asks I look down at the peach orange overtime hoodie. "No" i say making her laugh.

"So what'd you get me" I ask seated patiently "white rice, cheesy and garlic naan, butter chicken, paneer masala, chicken korma and chena masala and chicken samosas" she says as she hands me my plate and sits next to me.

"You know me so well" I say giddily. "So what's really wrong Maddie" she asks as I'm serving myself some food. "Nothing" I ask pretending to not know what she's talking about. "Maddie you haven't paid any atte-"

"You kissed Isabella I saw the picture" i say putting my food down storming into my room locking. "Madeline I can explain" I hear from outside my bedroom door. "So you did kiss her" I exclaim. "Maddie let me in" "no" "Maddie let me explain" "you can do it from out there"

"Okay but I want to see you....please" i groan and open the door for her then run back to my bed. "Explain before i go ballistic on you" i say biting my lip holding back tears.

"Okay we did kiss but she was the one who kissed me" "and why would you let her!?" "I pulled away as quick as I could" she tells me sitting down in front of me "why were you two even alone?" I ask. "I was upstairs alone and she came in I asked if I looked okay she said yes and I told her she was pretty she could find someone who's actually interested and then she told me she only wanted me and she kissed me"

"You told her she was pretty?" I ask as some tears slip out making me giggle. "Fuck why am I even crying you suck and I hate you so much Paige why would you let her kiss you"

"It meant nothing!" She says raising her voice "do not yell" "I'm not yelling!" "You did it again" I say falling back to lay down. "I'm sorry it really meant nothing if anything it made me realize how obsessed I am with you" I chuckle.

"Okay but y'all still kissed" "for .5 seconds" she says raising her voice yet again "it was literally just a peck" "ew just stop talking about it" I tell her since I'm tired of mentally picturing it also because I have a real picture of it on my phone.

"Okay then get over it I like you" "whatever you wouldn't have let her kiss you" I say jokingly at this point to make her mad. She crawls over and hovers over me. "Kiss me" I tell her  "do you forgive me?" She asks "yes but I'll probably bring it up any chance I get to get back at you" "that's fine" she laughs.

"Okay now kiss me" I tell her. She leans down and places a trail of kisses on my neck making me squirm at the feeling. "Hold still" she says "that tickles" I laugh and lay still as she presses her lips onto mine soon turning into a mini make out session. "Alright let's go eat my food is getting cold".