Pt.23

"Maddie wake up cmon we have to go" Nika shakes at me. I groan and turn to look at the clock that read 3:30am. I sit up rubbing my eyes.

"It is too early nik" I groan "it is but you can sleep on the jet" I nod and get up and head into the restroom to do my morning routine.

Today was the day we headed to the caymans for the caymans classic, there the girls were going to be playing against ucla and Kansas. Nika had decided to stay over with me so I wouldn't miss the flight and I'd have some company to make the morning of a little less stressful.

"Let me start up some coffee" I tell her as i walk out the bathroom. "Ooo yes take the big thermo please" I nod and go to the kitchen and put two cinnamon sticks into the pot that was filled with water.

Though our flight wasn't until five Nika wanted to make sure we wouldn't have any missing necessities hence waking up at the ass crack of dawn. I sit down in front of my mirror and braid my hair into a French braid.

"I'm so excited for the warm weather" Nika says brushing out her hair. "Yeah me too I hate the cold" "mentally im already there" she says making me laugh. "But then coming back we have finals" she groans "Maddie happy thoughts only and we only have two so we're fine"

"Right happy thoughts only" I giggle wrapping the small rubber band around the end of my braid. "Where did you leave my bag with equipment?" I ask her standing up. "Should be in the living room with all the luggage.

I go over to my drawer and pull out a camera bag so I can have easy access to film clips. I head over to the living room and get the camera bag and place it inside along with an extra battery.

"I'm only taking one tumbler so we won't take up too much space" I yell over to Nika "that's fine" she calls back.

———————

It was now 4:30am and we had just gotten dropped off at the take off strip. "There you girls are I thought you were going to make it early?" Paige teases.

"We brought coffee" nika offers a smile making me laugh. "And we had to make sure we didn't miss anything" I shrug. "Maddie, Nika hand over your equipment so they can load up" Geno calls out.

"I got it" Nika smiles "thank you" I sing as she goes over to Geno with our luggage's. "Those look big" Paige says pointing to our luggage "we wanted to have options" I laugh.

"Oh obviously" she laughs "what time did you wake up?" I ask "four" I raise my eyebrows "Nika and I woke up at three thirty" I laugh "oh my goodness that's so early" she laughs.

Nika walks over to us "I'm ready to sleep the whole six hours" she groans leaning her head on Paige. "Girl load up" Dailey yells and we all make our way over.

"Mm front or back?" Paige asks "back" she nods making her way further down. "You go first" she says moving out of the way for me to pass so I go and take my seat.

Nika takes her seat in front of me with ice by her side. "Can I get some coffee" Paige asks Nika and she nods in disagreement. "Awh Maddie" Paige groans turning to me I simply shrug.

"That's hers too" Paige says "okay well if she wants some she'll get some" Nika responds making me laugh at their childishness. "Don't laugh" Paige says hitting me arm.

"Azzi props to you for putting up with her" I say leaning over to look at her across our seats. She laughs "I deserve an award or something" I nod laughing.