Part 20

I was finally in the comfort of my own home after back to back to back traveling with the girls. I really enjoyed being around them and all being able to have some personal downtime. Even if that meant practice at 5:30.

I had used the time up to let my family know I wouldn't be able to make it to thanksgiving since the Cayman Island tournaments were on the same week of thanksgiving. Along with a long call with Maddie who filled me up on all her wedding plans for after graduation.

Finally I had made some time for myself and I decided to get occupied by making the team some sugar cookies for practice later but the silence was actually killing me. For someone who claims to be a very introverted person I felt as if I needed people around me.

I decided to prop up my iPad that was being used to watch satc and go live on tiktok which was something I had never done before on my own. Immediately the people watching started increasing 10, 40, 100, 210 back to 200 and a steady flow at 200.

"Hi guys" I laugh awkwardly "I'm bored out of my mind and I have no one around right now" i say leaning closer to read the comments most of the greeting me and asking about Paige and giving compliments.

"I'm currently baking the team some cookies I wanted to surprise them maybe I'll make a video getting their reaction handing each one ooo I can customize each one and get their reaction that's good I'm smart"

"Let me go bring my glasses I can't see shit and I'm literally on my iPad ... my outfit my long sleeve is skims and my sweats are aritzial" I start reading more comments "how are you never in class? I only have class on Mondays and Wednesdays very light semester"

"What should I do should I just write their last name and number with some little flowers around?" After getting lots of yes I start to make icing and mix with different colors as I wait for the cookies to be out the oven.

——————

I had made it to the training center and was immediately greeted by Mark and Layla the student reps. "Are the girls on court or still up in pt?" I ask "pretty sure in pt" mark says "Here I made you guys cookies hope you like them" I smile taking two clear bags of cookies and handing it to them.

"These are so cute thank you Maddie" mark smiles "ofcourse y'all enjoy" I smile making my way into the court. "My favorite coaches" I smile pulling out my phone to film their cheers "our favorite content creator" Dailey laughs as I skip over.

I put down my backpack and put it on a seat along with the tote filled with cookies. "How are you all?" I ask smiling pulling out my phone to film once more "gloomy day out" Geno laughs "and for that reason I brought you guys these I say handing the ones I separated for the coaching staff.

"Oh these are so precious you made these?" Coach Dailey asks I nod "with a little stencil?" She asks referring to their last name being drawn out along with a whistle. "Fine piping bag very tedious but I had fun making them"

"These are great thank you Maddie" Geno says before the rest of the staff also thanks me. "Look at the ones I made the girls" I show coach Dailey as I knew she'd probably be more interested than the other coaches.

"Oh the jersey with their number oh and the letters how cute are the ones at the bottom the same?" She asks "they're a variety of an attempt of a husky, a basketball, UConn logo and one with just their number y'all's are kinda the same"

After a small talk with Dailey about her past in the baking scene I had made my way up to the pt room to see the girls scattered everywhere.

I pull out my camera and record my first victim which was Azzi. "I have something for you" I smile standing over her with the cookies behind on my free hand. "For me" she smiles, I hand her the cookie and she moves the ribbon over to get a better view of the cookie on the top of the stack.

"Maddie oh my goodness you made this?" She asks I give her a nod as she stands and hugs me. "What the hell this is so cute thank you" she smiles excitedly. "You're very welcome" "can I open them" she asks making me laugh "of course"

"Oh wow these are cool you drew these for real?" I nod "damn that's a skill thank you Maddie"

"I wanna see what is it can I see?" I hear a very enthusiastic kk from behind us. "Wait close your eyes I have one for you" I say stopping her so I can get her reaction. I dig around the tote bag and pull hers out. "Okay put your hands out" I instruct and she does just so, so I put the cookies on her hand.

She opens her eyes and examines the bag before jumping up and down. "Girl you ate with these thank you mads" she smiles before hugging me.

I hand some more out and leave Paige for the end. "Finally I've been waiting for my surprise they all swore to keep their secrecy" she says "you look good" I tell her "love the bun you should do them more often" "are you flirting with me right now" she mocks.

"I hate you" I giggle before pulling my camera to film "ready p boogers" I say giddily. She puts her hands out and I put the bag of cookies on her hand. "Awh that's cute my jersey" she smiles "look at the rest" "how" she laughs "just stand them up on the bag"

She starts doing so and giving small commentary on all of them and gets to the last one. She looks up and giggles. "Of course I'd go on a date with you" she smiles. "Here put these in your bag for later" she tells me.

She hands me the bag and comes closer to me leaving a faint kiss on my lips I put my head down on her chest. "Is she bothering you" I hear nika coming over to us making us laugh.

"She's still my girl just so you know" Nika shrugs "should I tell nahiem?" Paige asks as I look up. "He doesn't mind" Nika argues back making me laugh. "She asked me on a date...something light did she ask you?" Paige asks "p boogers you're supposed to ask her see this is why I'm her main and we actually have plans tonight" Nika says putting her arm around me.

"Ooo can I come?" Paige asks "it's just at my place we were going to make food and watch the office" "I invited Carol and Aaliyah" Nika tells me "that's fine" I nod.

"Back to Paige, p you were supposed to ask her on a date"
"Okay well she asked but I can plan the rest" Paige says. "What do you want to do Maddie" "I was going to take you on a little restaurant date I don't know" I shrug.

"See I'll do you one better I'll surprise you" Paige claps pointing to me "she's lacking creativity so she's using that as a ploy" Nika defends making me laugh even more "okay you have got to get to practice"

We all laugh at their bad jokes and make our way down to the court before the girls run their plays and I start to edit the clips of the girls reactions.