VII. Cat

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

You're now inside the mirror, and because of that, you can see people outside. 

You tried to scream for help, but no one seemed to hear you.

With no hope left, you just sit there for a while, not until you hear a familiar voice that made you stand up.

Witch: I know that you're going to trade the book, so I intentionally left it there and assumed that you would bring it to me.

She's now holding the book; she stole it from your hand without your notice.

Witch: Now, here's my question. What's really special about this book?

You didn't give her an answer; you just remained silent.

*/ fakes smile

Witch: You're really a kind person, and because of that, I'll give you a reward.

She said furiously.

The mirror changed its background. Now, you see Master Lemon being abused by the trader.

Amaranthine: No... No... way!

Witch: Yes, it is darling.

Amaranthine: Release him, and I will give you the answer.

Witch: What if... You give me the answer first, and after that, I'll bring him back to you.

After realizing how tricky she was, you just gave up.

Amaranthine: Give me the book first, and I'll show it to you.

The witch was a bit hesitant, but she gave it to you anyway.

You opened the book, but nothing happened. It didn't bring you back to the human world, and you know exactly why: because your journey has not ended yet. 

Amaranthine: Have you opened this?

Witch: Yes, and I don't seem to understand a single thing.

Amaranthine: Do you know how to read?

The witch shooks her head. She just gave you an idea.

Amaranthine: The book only works outside of places that have no magic at all.

Witch: How could I be sure of your words?

Amaranthine: Because I owned this book.

Witch: What's next? It's pretty boring.

Amaranthine: It grants you an extravagant life, luxurious items, and the ability to become powerful. You only need to chant the words written here.

From the way the witch sparks her eyes. You confirmed that the witch was obsessed with wealth and power. The orb was only limited by magic; that's why she keeps on stealing because the orb can't provide more. It's not just her act to lure you into the cave.

She's just about to bring you outside of the mirror when suddenly, a large black cat attacks her along with the patrols.

The patrols guided you outside of the mirror while you saw the cat cuffing both of the witch's hands

Cat: It's my pleasure to meet you, milady.

He said that and kissed the back of your hand.

Amaranthine: Likewise.

Cat: Master Lemon sent me here to be your guide. I'm the Queen's favorite cat.

You showed him your gratitude by smiling.

The witch was sent to the dungeon with a lot of charges to face. You felt relief by hearing that; she's now gone.

The cat and you proceed with the journey.