CHAPTER 9

I walk into my house to immediately be greeted by my mother. "Where were you? What's that on your neck?!" I cover my neck with my sleeves and my face goes red. "It's nothing. I was just hanging out with a friend." She nods her head and raises an eyebrow at me. "The same boy who stayed the night the other day?" "Mhm." I nod my head in confirmation, but she just gets more suspicious. "Are those hickeys? Did he do that?" I shake my head. "What? No! He's a guy, he wouldn't do that!" "So he hit you? They're bruises!" "No, no! There's nothing on my neck!" I begin walking to my room, leaving out of fear of her finding out.

I make it to my room and let out a sigh, finally dropping my hands to uncover my neck. I take off my jacket and walk to my bathroom. I look in the mirror and study the bite. It looked like what you'd expect a vampire bite to look like, just two circular marks where his fangs had pierced my skin. I open the cabinet under the sink and pull out a bandaid, open it, and place it over the bite marks. Then, I leave the bathroom and fall to my bed, I peel off my shoes and socks, and go to sleep.

But while I'm falling asleep, for the first time ever, Goober snuggles up beside me. I figure it's because I smell like Sebastian now. Goober loves Sebastian. I love Sebastian. I should tell him tomorrow. Does he love me too? I hope so.

The next day, I woke up for school and got ready. I walked to school, texting Sebastian almost the whole way there. I can't wait to see him. I can't wait to tell him I love him. It's almost unbelievable how I could fall for someone so fast; I've only known him for about a month. I just hope that my mom doesn't find out, she's always expected me to end up with a girl, get married, have kids, all that weird stuff. But I'm happy with how things are now. I'm happy with Sebastian.

Soon I arrived at school and greeted Sebastian on my way to my seat. I sit and stare at Sebastian. Class begins and my mind wonders as I soon lose attention to anything the teacher was saying. All I can do is think about Sebastian. Kissing him, hugging him, touching him. I want him to touch me.

I can barely wait for school to end, and soon, it does. I pack up all of my stuff and sling my backpack over my shoulder before walking to Sebastian. "Sebby!" I wave at him and he nods his head at me. "Are you gonna walk home with me today?" I ask, grabbing his hand and intertwining it with mine. "Can't today. Maybe tomorrow." I nod my head and we walk out of school together before parting ways.