Chapter Eighteen

Two Pictures this chapter!!! This is Eilean Donan Castle in Scotland

Two Pictures this chapter!!! This is Eilean Donan Castle in Scotland. The picture was taken by Mum. Like the other two chapters, there is a small amount of inspiration from this place but it isn't identical. What do you think of the pictures and the story so far?? I'd like to hear your opinions!! :D

We say our goodbyes on the top of the roof. Queen Sophie walks over to me.

"Remember Isla, be strong," she smiles, tapping my shoulder. I get onto Tanya's back and she stretches her dragon body, ready for another long flight.

"We'll see you all soon," Yvette waves as we take to the skies.

"I'm going to get a little more sleep," I say to Tanya as I rest over her back. She lets out a little roar, telling me she had heard me.

"Is something wrong Isla?" Princess Kayleigh asks. I shake my head.

"No, I just didn't sleep well through the storm," I reply as I close my eyes. That was an understatement. I haven't slept at all. I spent the night at my window watching the lightning strike the ocean and the clouds flash. The storm was so alive, I could almost feel the energy running through me. Every time I laid on my bead, my eyes would stay wide open and I could not sleep. Even though I loved watching the storm, I could not help but feel a sort of danger behind it. Like a bigger storm is on its way. My eyes droop shut and I let sleep take over.

I wake, instantly knowing it is much colder. The cold doesn't affect me, but I can still feel it on my skin. Looking at the ground below, I can see only snow.

"We're in Zultan!" Toryn shouts as I sit up.

"That's good," I reply with a yawn. We fly around large hills and mountains that are covered completely in snow with the occasional rock face jutting out from the white blanket. As we rise over another peak, my eyes widen again. These lands never cease to amaze me. A huge Frozen lake is surrounded by huge mountains on all sides. On the land around the almost circular lake are hundreds of stone buildings of different shapes and sizes all fitting perfectly together. That is not what makes my eyes widen. In the Middle of the Frozen lake is a large patch of land witch is, like the rest of the land, covered in snow with stone rocks jutting out here and there. On this land mass, sits a huge stone castle. It has lots of different sections which are all attached to each other along with towers with spires. A long stone bridge stretches over the lake to the land with arches making up the structure that holds it up. I can see three people waiting for us in the snow, in front of the large doors that make up the castle entrance. We swoop down landing in front of them. I smile as I see Oliver and who must be his parents.