Chapter Fifty Four

Stunning Sunset at a place called Clachtoll in Scotland

Stunning Sunset at a place called Clachtoll in Scotland. It is such a beautiful place, remote and peaceful. I love it there and can't wait to go back!

The NightShade who holds the sword to Serenity's throat tilts his head in confusion.

"What are you smiling at girl? We have you all surrounded," he says cruelly. A huge crash fills the room and causes the ground to shake. Stone and rubble explodes everywhere, causing the NightShade warriors to release their grips on teachers. Tanya in Dragon form, bursts into the room, the ruble still flying around her as she crashes through the walls. There is a flash of blonde hair flying from the dragon, before a wolf the size of a horse crashes into a NightShade, ripping away at his throat. Tanya lets out a terrifying roar, her mouth pulled back to show her sharp teeth and her eyes narrowed in anger. Some of the NightShades recoil in fear. Serenity, taking advantage of the distraction, swings out and knocks away the Warrior and shifts. He doesn't have enough time to get out of the way before her teeth have clamped around his body and she is throwing him across the room like a rag doll. She lets an angry roar of her own as she attacks. It is carnage in the room. Spells are cast, lighting up and crashing around the room. Now, lots of the teachers have also shifted and are fighting in animal form. The High Queen is terrifying, her cream coloured wolf tears up every NightShade in her path, expertly avoiding their poisoned weapons and their spells. It is chaos. Still, the NightShades seem to be winning. That is until the Elite warriors suddenly appear in the middle of the room, all holding hands with General Xavier at one end and Iona at the other. They don't look disorientated and quickly leap into action. Gone are their joking smiles and playfulness. Instead, their faces are that of determination. Serenity looks at them with awe. She had trained with these people now, but watching them really fight enemies is incredible. The teachers mostly stand back apart from Lord Bear and the other combat teachers. Tanya and Serenity work alongside the elite warriors as the quickly and mercilessly dispatch the NightShades.

"Is everyone okay?" asks the General as he cleans off his sword. There is a chorus of yes' and the High Queen shifts back, looking around the destroyed hall.

"Has anyone been cut with Black Root?" she shouts, looking around worried.

"No!" they shout and she lets out a sigh of relief. There are only minor injuries from spells, no teachers are dead.

"You took your time," The High queen says to the General.

"Well our instructions are to wait for fifteen minutes before teleporting to this room to give the teachers enough time to round them up to this point," he says. 

The High Queen takes control of the situation, ordering everyone around to ensure that the hall is all cleaned and everyone is sure that they are clear of Black Root. Tanya and Serenity shift back and wrap each other in hugs.

"We need to get to Isla," Tanya says. They stop when they hear a spluttering sound.

"You're too late," a voice whispers. "There were four groups. One came in ten minutes after us just in case something like this happened." They look at the NightShade warrior who is lying on the floor, a hole in his stomach and blood pooling around him. His mask has slipped off, revealing his face which is also covered in blood.