Chapter Fifty Two

I love Spain!! A photo from the Via Ferrata, Such amazing views

Tanya, Serenity and Toryn remain talking whilst Isla disappears upstairs.

"I'm worried about her," Tanya says.

"She knows what she is doing," Serenity says.

"Toryn, you have the link with her. What is she feeling?" Tanya asks Toryn. He leans back and sighs.

"I don't know, I haven't really been tuning into her emotions recently. We both kind of keep forgetting we have it. I think we pick up each other's emotions but don't realise. It's odd. So I can't help you in that department."

"She has so much going on, what if the stress is getting to her?" Tanya asks. "I mean it was less than half a year ago we were in the forest and now she is having to plan for war and lead a country. I mean in something as big as this, of course, she is going to mistakes and she lacks experience and good judgement. These things could get her killed."

"Isla is the Queen," Toryn says. "Whilst I understand we need to question her, especially if we disagree, there are things that even we can't know."

"Well, I disagree. I have no idea what she is hiding, but I know it could get her killed!" Tanya shouts in frustration.

"Shhhh," Toryn and Serenity hush at the same time.

"How could you, her twin, agree with this?" she continues, looking at Toryn.

"Because I have to. Being twins does not mean I get to know every aspect of her life."

"But this part of her life could get her hurt or killed," Tanya continues to argue.

"We just have to trust she knows what she is doing. I mean, she kept us alive all those years," Serenity reasons.

"This is ridiculous," Tanya sighs. "I can't believe the two of you aren't arguing with this. She's been acting so odd recently. I mean, the other day we had a conversation about what would happen if she died! Something has got her worried about her own life and she is making preparations."

"I think giving the thrown back to Aspen and the Scallis family would be the right choice if anything were to happen," Toryn sighs. "Though I too wonder why she made us figure it all out. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to Isla, probably go on a rampage," he sighs. The three of them stay silent for a few seconds.

"Well, I trust her. Plus she wouldn't tell us even if we asked her to. She has it in her mind that whatever she is doing is protecting us and we all know that she will do anything to keep us safe, even if it means keeping secrets," Serenity reasons. 

"Let's change the subject," Toryn says, walking up to the archways and looking out over the snow storm.

"Isla's season has arrived," he chuckles.