Chapter Fifteen

Another picture taken by my mum of me, my sister and brother in the sea at Sunset

Another picture taken by my mum of me, my sister and brother in the sea at Sunset. I love going in the water at that time because the colours look awesome! This was taken in Cornwall!

I lie in bed as the morning sun rises and the light beams through into our room. I think back to Saturday after coming out of the bank. We met up with all the others and went through the markets. We then ate freshly baked sweets on a lush green field that perfectly blended into the white buildings. It was a fun afternoon, peaceful.

Today, we start our journey around Shadow, visiting all the royal families and learning more about our past. I hope that this trip will help us remember. Serenity walks over to my bed with a soft smile on her face.

"Morning," she says, taking a seat on my bed.

"Morning," I reply whilst sitting up. Serenity sighs.

"Is everything okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I'm a little nervous, that's all."  I nod my head, understanding how she feels.

"I excited too," she goes on. "I can't wait to see the rest of Shadow, the rest of our world."

"But?" I ask.

"Well, we're going to go home, to where everything went wrong..." she sighs. "I'm worried that we'll remember it all, remember the pain we went through. What if we saw something really awful and it all comes back to haunt us?" she exclaims. "However, I am also worried that our memories won't return, that we'll remain clueless about the lands we are meant to rule and protect." I open my arms for a hug and she leans into my body, her head nestles beneath mine. I sigh as I softly stroke her emerald hair.

"This trip is going to be painful either way," I inform her. "We've got to stay strong. We have each other and that is what is most important." She nods her head and smiles up at me.

"I can't wait to see our home," she says. "To see where we came from and the lands we will rule, well, that you will rule." I smile at her.

"I can't rule without the three of you by my side," I tell her. She laughs softly. "I'm excited too, I cannot wait to see it all, to explore and meet new people. After all those years in the same cave, I can't wait just to get out there."She nods her head.

"Well we'd best get that monster out of bed," Serenity says, looking over at Tanya who is curled up in bed. Serenity and I look at each other with smiles. Together, we run over and jump onto Tanya. She lets out a growl as we shake her body. She roles over, making Serenity and I fall to the floor.

"Come on Tanya, we're going today!" Serenity shouts. She sighs and roles out of bed. We've all managed to get used to the beds now, though we slept on the floor for the first few days. We here our door open and Iona's voice echoes through the rooms.