Chapter Thirty

This picture was taken by me in SPAIN!!! I've not long returned from my first holiday abroad from the UK and it was the most awesome week ever!

Today is the day. The day I am crowned queen of my lands. We arrived in Zola yesterday and spent the Night in Aspens home. I barely slept all night as nerves fluttered through my stomach. When I did manage to sleep, I was woken early in the morning by the maids bursting into my room. They scuttle around, bringing in everything they need to get me ready for the day ahead. In the room next door, I hear them running the bath.

"Come on, it's time to get you ready," one of them bows. I stand up and they lead me to the bath. I smile as I smell all the scents and salts they put on the water which reminds me an ocean breeze. I sink into the warm water and let them rub oils and other things into my skin and hair. Once I'm finished, they wrap a robe around me and sit on a stool whilst they rub even more things into my skin and hair. They also work on my nails. It takes a long time for them to finish and by the end of it, I am completely bored.

"Are you nearly done yet, Ella?" I ask the head maid for the thousandth time. She smiles warmly at me.

"Yes, you're nearly done," she chuckles, putting away some brushes. "It's time to put on the dress." I look over at the beautiful dress I'd seen in the vault and smile. It is easy to put on, fitting me perfectly. I stand on a stool as they straighten all the material out, ready for me to see everything they've done. They take away the cloth that hung over the mirror and I gasp at my reflection. The dress fits over my curves beautifully, the material pure white and hanging without a single crease over my body. The metal dragon head that sits around one shoulder and works its way down the arm, sparkles from all the diamonds that sit on it. The thick purple cloak hangs down behind me, the flower of our house sewn into the bottom in silver. That isn't what only makes me gasp though. They had rubbed glitter over my skin so whenever I moved, a different part of my skin would sparkle. My hair is pure white, like snow. They had pulled some of my hair at the front back and intricately braided it whilst leaving the rest hanging down my back in perfect glistening waves. The makeup is beautiful also. Around my eyes are layers of light and dark silvers which make my blue eyes seem to pop more. Small diamonds had also been stuck to the skin around my eyes. My cheekbones had been emphasised and my skin looks smooth and pale. My lips look fuller having been painted a rich red colour.

"You look stunning," Ella says with a smile. "Fine work if I don't say so myself," she beams. I nod my head. "You look like a queen, fierce and dangerous with a deadly beauty," she looks at me. I just nod again and she laughs. There's a knock on the door and Lady Indira comes in.

"It's time... Oh, Isla," she smiles and walks toward me. I gulp and take a nervous breath. "You look magnificent," she beams at me and I smile softly. "Are you okay?" she asks. 

"Yeah, it's just a lot to take in," I sigh.

"Thank you, Ella, I'll see you at the ceremony," Lady Indira says as she walks toward me.