Chapter Twelve

This picture was taken on Ben Nevis in Scotland looking toward Fort William and around Glen Nevis :)

"There were many breeds of dragon. Each breed fell under one of the elements. With your family controlling the elements, it was only natural that you would rule all the dragons," Princess Kayleigh tells us. We sit in her classroom for the first lesson of today. "Like I said yesterday, there were about one hundred dragon families over Shadow, perhaps even more so. Just like all other animals. There are lots of Wolf shifters like myself or Bear shifters. I will tell you the main breeds. We'll start with the Air based dragons," she tells us. Her long light blonde hair has been woven around her head in intricate braids and her blue eyes are bright. She wears a delicate blue dress which flows softly around her. I wonder what her older sister, the high queen looks like. I wonder if they look similar.

"The first breed of Dragon I am going to tell you about are the Wind Racers. These dragons are incredibly fast, the fastest of all the dragons. In this book I am giving you, there are pictures of the breeds I will be talking to you about." She places a large book on our table and I open it the page she tells us to. I see a picture of a purple dragon which looks similar to Tanya. Text is written next to it.

"As you can see, this dragon is very smooth and slick. This makes it easier for their bodies to travel through the air at the speeds they do so, it allows them to go faster. Tanya, as you are an air dragon, with training you will be able to do this too." Princess Kayleigh is enthusiastic as she speaks.

"Really!" Tanya shouts, standing up in her chair. Princess Kayleigh laughs. "How fast can I go?" she shouts.

"I've seen a wind racer at full speed, it was like a flash," Princess Kayleigh smiles.

"I want to go and try!" Tanya shouts.

"You'll have to wait until next lesson I'm afraid," Princess Kayleigh smiles. Tanya sighs and sits back down.

"Another Air breed is the Wind Flame dragons. These dragons can blow very strong winds from their mouths in a concentrated and powerful burst. You already have begun to learn how to do this, but here we can train you to be more accurate and powerful. Again, I have seen a Wind Fire dragon do this. It is like a huge concentrated force of powerful wind. Some were so strong that it broke boulders." Tanya's smile is wide as Princess Kayleigh tells her all this information about Air dragons and what she will be able to learn and do herself. "These are the main two breeds of air dragon. There were many families who were these types of dragon," she says.

"We'll move onto Earth Dragons now. First, we have the Earth Shakers." We turn to the page with these dragons on. Looking at the picture, I can see that they are a lot stockier and well built compared to the slick slim look of the Air Dragons. Their faces are especially large with thick bits of scales and spikes. I can see the similarities with Serenity's dragon form like I had with Tanya's.