Chapter Fifty Five

Another Beach sunset in Scotland!

The High Queen sighs heavily as she makes her way into the city to make the same speech as she had in the academy. Though this time, her projection will be broadcast over all of Shadow, informing them of the attack. The mood in the city is quiet as she enters. Still, she hasn't had enough time to change and her eyes have heavy tired bags beneath them. She says more than she did to the Academy.

"War is coming and it is closer than ever. The King of NightShade's power is growing but even worse, we have a traitor or many traitors. It is by my decree, that anyone found talking of our secrets to the enemy, will be executed with no mercy. Anyone who knows of a traitor and does not inform myself or the other rulers will be executed with no mercy. The time of letting our enemy walk over us and killing our people is over." Gasps sound at her statement. They had heard it come from the younger royals, but not from the High Queen herself.

"The Queen of Zola is fighting for her life. Our Academy with our children in was invaded. Thankfully, Thanks to Lady Indira and the teachers, they were all hidden and kept safe but we can not allow this to stand. These people, they go after those who are most vulnerable, our children. They attack unprovoked and those who are strong they harm from far away with cruel poisons. I will not allow that to stand. Thank you." She quickly walks away from the podium in which she was standing upon. The General is quick to meet her.

"What do you want to be done?" he asks. She takes a deep breath.

"The Spell the Dragoheirs cast after the last attack," she says. "It is still in place. No one but shifters can come into our lands without the full force of the elements unleashed upon them?" she asks.

"Yes, it is," he replies. She nods her head.

"That means that there are still some on our lands," she sighs. "How many were here, hiding beneath our noses. We should have got them all ready."

"We have one left alive if you want to question them," he suggests.

"I know what you are implying," she scowls. "You want me to use my power to burrow through the NightShades mind."

"It is worth a try," he shrugs.

"Xavier," she sighs. "You know I have only once been able to do it, my power only really extends to reading thoughts as they are thought."

"But you have your son, Katrina," he urges. "He has grown up now, grown into his power. The two of you could do it and if you need more help, ask your sister." The High Queen nods her head as she mounts her horse to make her way back to the Academy.

Prince Daniel and Princess Kayleigh are already in the dungeons when the High Queen arrives.

"Are you two ready?" she asks. Princess Kayleigh nods.

"I've never done anything like this before," Daniel tells his mother. "But I am." She nods her head.