Chapter 6

Annalese stopped inside the gates of another castle and I was floating beside her once again. A man dressed so fine he could only be the king stood at the front and welcomed her warmly. The girl jumped off and bowed with the baby in her arms. Even though I was invisible I did the same.

"Annalese a pleasure to see you again."

"My dear lord, it is mine. You have received my telegram?"

"I have indeed. This must be the young lady..."

"Oh excuse me," Annalese turns to look at the woman.

"This is his majesty, King Roy." The woman glanced at the king and stumbled off the horse to the ground. She leaned against it and looked at the king. She was breathing heavily. What was wrong with her?

"Are you oka- Oh." The king looked at the woman and he was speechless as well.

"Leon?" She finally said breaking the silence. She stood up slowly and held onto the horse for balance.

"Larissa." The king said and he ran to hug her. "It's been so long."

"You know they dragged me back."

"I will kill them, I swear, only if you tell me who they are."

"You can't Leon. I still have family there. There are good people there and I don't want to hurt them." The lady said. The king inhaled and rested his forehead against hers. He caressed her cheek and she shut her eyes. I felt the need to turn away. I was invading their moment. The baby wiggled in Annalese's arms and let out a soft noise.

"Oh," The king looked at Biron and then back at the women. "Is he?"

"Yes. I lied I didn't have the heart to try and get rid of him." She pulled back a bit and looked at the man with worried eyes. "You aren't mad are you?"

"Why would I be? You saved my son. My first born." He was happy and he went off to get the baby from Annalese's arms.

"My dear son, I will teach you everything from now on. I will make up for everything." I looked over at Annalese, who was looking at the family with an accomplished smile. She knew. She did this purposely. How?

"I will forever be in debt to you. I do not know if I can ever repay you." The king said.

"It is all right your majesty. I am satisfied with just this." She said.

"Oh no please. At least take this." Larissa took off a ring and held it out to Annalese. "I can't bear it if you don't."

"I will only if it will cause you peace." Annalese took the ring in her hands but placed a small object in a pouch to the king. "This is my gift to you two."

"Oh no! You don't have to give us a gift. Bringing us together is enough." The King said.

"Think of this as an early gift for being reunited. I'm sure I've told you the story about it once." The king nodded in reply and took the pouch in his spare hand. Annalese bowed again and stood up.

"Well it a pleasure to see you again, but I must go." She said and mounted her horse.

"Surely you can stay the night." The woman asked.

"I would like to take up that offer. Although tonight I have other tasks to complete."

"You will come for a night?"

"Of course sir. I will. Farewell." The girl said and she went off. I was again by her side. This time she seemed to be going much faster. She kept going and going until she reached a poor run down shack.